08

𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎, 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎. 𝚘𝚑 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚐𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐?

∴━━━✿━━━∴

"WOULD YOU LIKE. . . TO TEAM UP WITH ME?"  Sister Krone asks the five children. "It's okay guys, we'll be okay. Let's listen to what she has to say." Norman says nonchalantly.

Rosemary stared at the adult, not believing her words. Did she really want to collaborate with these kids? What are her true intentions?

Sister Krone then began explaining her plans, the house and all of that. "You won't. . . . ship us out?" Gilda asks nervously. Sister Krone just gave a creepy grin, "I won't. Come, let us be partners! We share one enemy and that is Isabella alone." She says.

Rosemary thought for a moment, 'it's not that you won't ship us out, Sister Krone. It's that you can't.' She thought before looking at Norman expectantly. Knowing that he thought of the same thing.

"Come on, let's form am alliance!" She lends out her hand for Norman to shake. Norman was about to shake it but Emma stopped him.

"Wait, I agree with Norman's final decision. But there's one thing I just want to make sure of, Sister Krone." Emma tells. "What is it, dear?"

"Where's the proof you won't betray us?" Emma asks. "It's Ray." Sister Krone answers. "If Ray mentions a single thing about our interaction just now to Isabella, I can easily be crushed. But if I reveal Ray's true intentions to her, I easily just crush you all. Hence, both sides will be at a stalemate. Is that a good enough reason for you?"

"Fine," Emma says as Norman and Sister Krone shakes hands. Sister looks over to Gilda, Don, and Rosemary, "After all, it was all thanks to you three for making a ruckus back on that day. . . that I was able to specify who the targets are." She says as she waves goodbye.

Norman places a hand on Rosemary's shoulder, showing his smile. "Don't let any of it get to you, I'm glad it had happened." He says.

"Make the best of what I have?" Emma repeats Sister Krone's words as she balls up her fist. "She was one of us! She knows what it's like! And yet. . . how could she seriously think that a lifetime of raising kids to eventually kill in the end is the best thing she could do?! That woman. . . doesn't care about us at all!"

"I agree, she's likely to ship us out in the end, initially as planned," Norman tells her. "The only reason she doesn't right now. . . is simply because she has no power, proof, or credibility. In uglier terms, the moment she gets her hand on these, she'll definitely betray us in a blink of an eye."

"B - but this situation is favourable for our side," Rosemary says as she places her chin on Norman's shoulder. "R - Ro!" He stammered, his face red from the contact.

"Power and credibility. . . a - are surely things that cannot be easily obtained. S - So as long as we prevent her from getting any evidence against us, she will h - have no choice but to let us go!" Rosemary says happily.

"R - Ro's right. It may not be a genuine one. . . but let's carry on with this alliance for a moment."

➷➷➷➷➷

{ 𝚊/𝚗: 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎. 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚍 }

"So, you want Anna, Nat, Lanni, and Thoma to hear the conversation you'll make with Sister Krone?" Don asks. Emma nodded with determination, "Yes. Mama only suspects us eldest so she won't notice the little ones doing anything rash."

"I - I think it's a good idea. B - but, are you only going to tell those four?" Rosemary raises a question. Emma just gave a smile to her, "of course not Ro! We're going to inform the other children too, just not now." Emma says.

That night, Rosemary and Gilda went to call Anna and Nat while Don went to get Lanni and Thoma. "Anna, Nat. We have to talk to you both." Rosemary whispers as the two nodded.

They followed the two as they reached Sister Krone's room, with Emma and the others waiting. "Look, this information is c - confidential. Meaning, you can't tell anybody about this." Rosemary tells the four who nodded.

"Secret spy things in night time! How cool!" Thoma exclaims as Lanni nods vigorously. "Super cool!" Lanni whisper-yells.

"Shh! Someone will hear you two!" Don scolded as both boys clamp their mouths. The seven hide in a corner while Norman and Emma went to knock at Sister Krone's room.

Sister opened the door as she ushered the two for them to do in. Then, the seven made their way quietly to eavesdrop at their conversation.

The two asks question to Sister Krone about the trackers, Mama, the demons, security, and all of that. But they weren't careful enough with their body language.

Gilda then guided the four somewhere else as she begins explaining what they had heard. The four were all crying, with the exception of Nat who just looks frustrated.

Rosemary hugged the two younger ones as they did the same. "Is mama really the bad guy?" Lannion asked, lifting up his head to get a better look on Rosemary's face.

Rosemary thought for a moment, before finally resorting to an answer. "No, she isn't. She's just the same like us, wanting to live. She did live, however, you must remember this. . . . there's a big difference with living and surviving, though they may be similar in explanation, the sensation you have on the meaning will make a big difference."

She knew Lanni didn't quite understand her explanation, but she hoped for him to at least remember her words in the future.

─━━━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━━━─

𝑎/𝑛: 𝑤𝑜𝑜𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑜𝑡. 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝐼'𝑚 𝑙𝑎𝑧𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑖𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒𝑠 𝑙𝑚𝑎𝑜 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦--