02

𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎, 𝙸 𝚎𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚗 𝚘𝚛 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗

━━━━━━◇x◇━━━━━━

ROSEMARY OPENED HER EYES to see an unknown ceiling. She sat down and looked at her surroundings. She was laying in some sort of cot or a makeshift mattress, behind her was a plant that was lit up like a lamp.

Her head was pounding, she felt like she hasn't eaten in weeks and she wanted to puke. At a corner were her bag and other necessities lying there.

She slowly stood up and walked to her things. She opened her bag then sighed in relief. All her things we're still inside, just like how she left it.

She suddenly heard footsteps as she grabs a knife from her bag, slowly inching away from the noise. The hooded person walked towards the cot she laid at, holding a similar lantern to what laid beside her a few moments ago.

"Ah, you're awake!" The person chirped as she faces her. "I come in no harm." The person eased. From what Rosemary heard, her voice sounded like a woman, but she wasn't wearing the standard women's clothes at Grace Field. She was wearing a bluish-white cloak but her face was covered by the hood she wore.

"Who are you?! S - Show yourself!" Rosemary demands, her terrified expression showing. The hooded woman nodded as she removed the hood from her head.

"It's alright, I don't mean any harm. I don't eat humans. You're safe." The woman says calmly. Rosemary sets the knife down, making the woman smile.

"Now that is settled, would you like something to eat?"

➶➶➶➶➶

"So, y - you guys don't eat humans?" Rosemary asks the two demons, who are known as Mujika and Sonju.

"That's right, it's against our religion." Sonju answers while he stirs the soup. Mujika and Sonju were teaching Rosemary different things about the outside world, what it's like, and how different it is from the world Rosemary had thought.

Mujika wanted to bring Rosemary with them in their travels but Rosemary insisted that she wanted to wait for her friends, no matter how long it would take.

Mujika and Sonju taught her all they knew about basic survival, and since she was a part of Grace Field, she learned and mastered it pretty easily.

By the time it was the third week of her escape, she has now memorized the underground maze that Sonju had personally made. Perks of being smart I guess.

Rosemary's outfit consists of the bluish-white cloak that Sonju and Mujika normally wore, and the mask that she wore as a disguise as a demon, she also had still wore her boots. She maintained the hairstyle she had, the one that was in a side braid, but there are times she'd tie her hair.

Rosemary thought of Mujika and Sonju as her older siblings, for they had taken care of her and helped her when needed. Rosemary never wanted to be attached to the older kids back at the house, knowing that in the end, they'll just be gone anyway. So she's thankful for Mujika and Sonju.

Now, it's been two months since she last saw her friends, her family. And now, she just waited for them to come.

It's been any normal day as it had been since she escaped, she went hunting for food as she swiftly avoided the wild demons. Rosemary knew that Mujika and Sonju were going to visit her today, being the night owl she is, she outside til nighttime as she went back to the cave ( ? )

She walked in the connected tunnels, then suddenly hearing unfamiliar voices. She ran in, scared that Mujika and Sonju would be in danger.

She grabbed an arrow from the satchel at her back, and pulled on the string. She walked slowly towards the noise, then quickly went out of her hiding spot, and aimed the arrow to the closest head, not yet shooting.

"What's going on in here?!" She says as the group of people started screaming, trying to run away from her. "Hey! Put the bow down!" A familiar voice said.

Rosemary looked at the call of the voice to see someone she wanted to see again. It was Emma. But before she could answer or do anything at all, something sharp hovered against her neck, preventing her from doing anything.

"Put the weapon down, and no one gets hurt." The boy from behind her said.

"R - Ray?" Rosemary squeaked.  "How do you know my name?" Ray asked, pressing the knife to her neck closer.

"I - It's me! It's Rosemary!" She said. The children gasped but Ray didn't waver. "That isn't true. She died. You can't fool me. Whether you're from Grace Field or a random demon." He disagreed.

Luckily, Sonju and Mujika came at the right time, stopping any more to happen. "Woah, calm down. Both of you, put your weapons down." Sonju said.

Ray let go of Rosemary as she fell to the floor, breathing heavily. "Mary!" Mujika exclaimed as she approached her, checking if she had any injuries.

"M - Mujika. . . you're alright. I thought something bad had happened to you." Rosemary breathed out. One of the kids, who Rosemary recognized as Mark, tugged on Emma's shirt, "Emma, is she really Rosemary?" He asked.

Emma looked at him for a second before looking at the said girl. "I. . . I don't know." She answered.

Ray, was confused. He knew that Norman and Rosemary died, they were shipped like the other kids, and they never came back. Even if she would be alive, there's no way she could have escaped because the only way a girl could live is when they train to be a mama, and he knows that Rosemary wouldn't want to be one.

Mujika helped Rosemary to stand up, "Mary, this is the grace field escapees that escaped three days ago. Kids, this is Mary." Mujika introduced.

Rosemary removed her hood, placing her hand at her mask as she removed it from her face. "Nice to meet you all, grace field escapees." She says as she smiles.

"Ro?!" They all shout in surprise. The kids all run towards her, hugging her and talking to her, while the four eldest looked shocked.

Rosemary approached them, "Hi guys. It's been a while." Ray was the first one to walk to her, holding out his hand as he caresses her cheek.

"Y - You're alive." He says, disbelieved. Rosemary realised that he wasn't going to move, so she made the first move by hugging him.

"I'm alive." She repeated, tears spilling out of her eyes. Ray finally moved, wrapping his arms around her waist holding her close as he cried too.

"You idiot." He muttered. The others soon joined too as they had a happy, family reunion.

━━━━━━◇x◇━━━━━━

Dunno why but i always suck at endings and sappy stuff