09

𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚊 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑

∴━━━✿━━━∴

S𝙞𝙭 𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙨, 𝙉𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 2𝙣𝙙

"I'm going to review everything, " Ray stated, "After lunch, when it's free time, I will keep Mama occupied. Norman and Emma will climb the wall and carry out the investigation."

Norman frowned, he wanted Rosemary to go with him, but he then gives up, knowing that there may be a risk of her falling. He shuddered at the thought.

"Don and Gilda will be stationed outside, in a place where they can see the south-facing windows of the second place. If by some chance I am unable to distract Mama, I will signal you. You will inform Norman and Emma to cease the investigation and return to the ground immediately." Ray says as he points over to the two.

"W - what about me, Ray?" Rosemary asks excitedly. "Ro, you'll be keeping an eye on Mama. If anything goes wrong, and I'm no able to warn Don and Gilda, you'll be the one to do it. Stay away from her line of sight and hide as much as possible." Ray answers.

"Y - Yes sir!" Rosemary salutes. Ray smiles a little bit before going to a serious expression again. "It is likely that Mama is suspicious. It didn't seem like she figured it out yet, but we can't be too optimistic either. There's a possibility that she won't take my bait."

"And if that happens, we have to give up on the investigation?" Don asks Ray. "Correct. For the time being anyway. Everyone understands, right? If we appear too out of control then it's all over."

"Mama's goal is an on-time shipment. Particularly the four of us with full marks." He then deciphered more of the plan. "Ray, can we talk?" Norman asks after the discussion.

The four went to their bedroom to talk privately. "What?! Sister Krone found out we can destroy the transmitters?!" Ray panicked. "We did get information from her, but we slipped up. I would like to move up our escape date. When will you be able to destroy the transmitters?" Norman answered.

Ray thought for a moment before grabbing a box. "Last night, when you were in Sister Krone's room, I got that from Mama. A compensation for selling you two out."

Rosemary opened the box, grabbing the object inside. "An instant camera!" She exclaims in awe, inspecting the said object.

"I've been waiting for it. With that, I've gathered the last of my parts. I can destroy the transmitters anytime now." Ray tells the group proudly.

Rosemary couldn't believe her ears. They were finally going to escape, they just needed to see what was over the wall. Rosemary knew they would go over that wall someday.

She says that, though, she knows that it was too early to be celebrating.

"Let's move up the escape date depending on the result of the investigation. It's troublesome that she figured out the card we had up our sleeve." Ray tells them.

"Hard evidence is the one thing we mustn't let them have!". Norman declared. " let's hurry up and do our investigation and escape before we get caught." Emma says.

"Agreed, " Ray approves. "But our plan to deal with Mama won't change." He reminds them. Emma answers an I know before Rosemary gives them a big smile.

"I - In a nutshell, if all of these equations are done with. . . you guys will surely escape!" Rosemary exclaims excitingly. The three looked at her in confusion.

"You. . . guys?" Norman slowly asked. "What do you mean by that, Ro?" He asked again, urgency lacing through his voice. "Ro, what are you talking about?" He asked again, louder this time.

"Yeah, Ro! What are you saying? You'll escape with us!" Emma exhorted. Rosemary just shakes her head, a smile still on her face. "If I escape with you guys then I escape with you guys. However, if it comes to when one of you or any of the children gets caught, killed, or whatever may harm you all. .. I will gladly take your place."

"Ro, don't say that," Ray says, slowly stepping his way towards her. She takes a step back, and another, until her back reached the door.

"I just, want to be somebody to you guys. I want to help, and not rely on you every day--"

"You are somebody to us, Ro! You're Rosemary, our best friend!" Emma says, her eyes wide, as if she's seeing Rosemary on top of a cliff and ready to jump.

"I'm glad you feel that way, Emma. But I don't see myself like that. I want to prove it to you all--"

"-- Ro, shut up," Ray said. The three look at him, eyes wide. He went close to Rosemary and raises his hand. Rosemary closes her eyes shut, waiting for some sort of pain reach her cheeks.

But nothing happened.

Instead, she felt arms wrap around her waist, hugging her. "R - Ray. . ." she whimpered. Ray's forehead was resting on her shoulder, looking down on the ground while her chin was resting on his.

The other two walked towards them, "Group hug!" Emma exclaimed. All for of them hugged each other, relishing this moment.

The sound of the bell ringing across the hall, Phil opened the door as he accidentally hit all four of them in surprise.

"Ah! I'm sorry!" He apologized to them. The four laughed and went to the dining hall with Phil at the front, ringing the bell to call everyone for lunch.

"Thank you for the food!" The children prayed as they finally feast themselves some food. And of course, it was Ray's turn to sit beside Ro.

"Hey, Ray. Thank you, for earlier." Rosemary tells him. He stopped chewing and looked at her, dropping the fork from hand and pats her head.

"Eh?? Ray!" Rosemary wails. Emma and Norman, (though he looked kinda grumpy) laughed at the two's antics. Just a few more days and they could finally leave this hellhole disguised as a heaven.

Rosemary swore she heard a scream from a distance.

━━━━❰・❉・❱━━━━

a/𝑛: 𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝐼'𝑚 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠 𝑡𝑜𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑁𝑜𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑅𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡, 𝑠𝑜 𝐼 𝑑𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑑𝑑 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑅𝑎𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑥 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑡 ℎ𝑖ℎ𝑖

𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑑𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑝 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑅𝑜 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒? ( 𝐼 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑎 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑟 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑝 𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑠𝑚ℎ )

𝑁𝑜𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑜𝑟 𝑅𝑎𝑦?