04

𝚊/𝚗: 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢; "𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚊𝚖 𝙸 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝙽𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜? 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚛𝚊𝚢??"

𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝; "𝚘𝚠𝚠𝚠𝚠 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚑𝚊"

━━━━━━◇x◇━━━━━━

AFTER DAYS OF LEARNING, THEY HAVE REACHED THEIR FIFTH DAY OF ESCAPE. "My, these kids really do learn fast." Mujika complimented them.
"This is nothing, Ray and Emma are way faster! Norman and Ro are amazing too, one glance and BAMM they're already pro!"

After eating, the kids started to chat about their plans and how they should rethink about it. They also talked about the different farms and if there were other escapees.

Rosemary was sceptical, she was afraid of leaving the place she called home. But she wanted to stay with her family for long.

And it's finally been six days.

"Keep heading southwards to arrive at your destination," Sonju instructs as he points to the vast lands. "Nooo! Mujika!" The kids exclaim. "I don't want to say goodbye!" Alicia says as Chris replies in agreement.

"Stay strong, these two have places to be too." Ray comforts the two as he pats their heads. "We have to be strong enough to be able to survive on our own."

"No matter what you do, don't ever stray back into the forest or go near a body of water. Understood?" Sonju asks as the two troublemakers salutes him. "Thank you, Sonju." Ray thanked.

Rosemary watched them a little far, feeling a little upset about leaving the two for her selfish reasons. She watched as Emma and Mujika exchange some words, and after that, she decided to step in.

"Mary, " Mujika breathed out as Rosemary hugged her. "I - I'm really sorry. I'm so sorry for being selfish!" Rosemary cried, gripping on the female demon. Mujika's left arm wrapped around her back while her right patted her head, easing her.

"Shh, " Mujika hushed, "there's no need for you to apologise. You're not selfish cause you are also thinking about your family's well-being as well. I believe that someday, we'll cross paths again."

Mujika released Rosemary as she wiped her tears. "Don't cry," Mujika says as the said girl nodded.

"You ready to go, Ro?" Ray asked as he shoved his hand to his pocket. Rosemary nodded as she walks towards the children, with a small smile on her face.

"Goodbye Sonju, Mujika!" Emma waved enthusiastically. "Let's meet again!" The children all waved goodbye as they walk towards the wilderness.

↬↬↬↬↬

The cattle children wander around the vast dessert tired and hungry. Emma decided to check the pen, opening it to see B06-32 written.

"We're in the middle of nowhere." Rosemary mutters as she tugs on the strap of her backpack. Ray glances at her for a moment then asked both Nat and her if they see any humans.

"I think there's. . . . no one. . ." Nat replies as Rosemary shook her head as well. "I don't think there are any humans abo -" Rosemary answers before being cut-off by the kids yelling.

"Liar Liar pants of fire!! He said he would be here!! He told us to come visit!! And we came aaalllllll the way!" They shout whilst Rosemary flinch by the sudden noise.

"Feel better now?" Ray asks as he crosses his arms. "Yeah!" The kids exclaim. "Then calm down and listen, " Ray orders, "if Minerva is the one going back and forth between the two worlds, then he won't always be on the demon's side. And even if the demons usually avoid these deserted areas. . . imagine if humans just stood around sitting like ducks, or if they left obvious signs. . . they wouldn't last long, right?" Ray explains to the children.

"Ray has a point, " Rosemary says as she removes her mask. "If these humans aided us in our e - escape, then it's obvious that they are a - against grace field. Obviously, some of them know that this deserted area has no demons around, it's the perfect place to hide humans, right? It won't be a suitable hideout if humans just stay out in the open."

Ray nods and looks over to Emma. "Emma, the pen," Ray said as Emma hands over the pen. He started to explain how the pen may work at different places and that's the reason as to why they can't access any data at the house or out at the forest.

The children started to work together, using the book and the pen. The hologram started to change, showing some kind of underground map, making Ray and Rosemary turn to each other.

"It's a map. . . " Rosemary muttered, turning her head to the side. "There's an underground entrance!" Ray exclaimed, pointing off in the distance, "it's around that area! Go look for it!" He declared, the children heading to the direction he pointed.

"Ray, Ro! Look, something's happening!" Emma called, the children following to her side as an underground hatch appeared. Ray opened the hatch, the children each going down one by one.

"An. . . underground shelter? For humans?" Rosemary muttered, looking around her. "Ro, I think I heard someone by that door." Jemima says, tugging at her cloak as she points on to a door.

Rosemary took a deep breath, turning the knob of the door as she opens it. Revealing a man.

"Hi there." He says nonchalantly, "You've come a long way. Congrats. . . And welcome to shelter B06-32"