07

𝚁𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝙽𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗: 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘! 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚠𝚎 𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎-- 𝚍𝙾𝚗𝚃 𝚍𝙸𝚎

𝙰𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝚁𝚊𝚢: 𝚏 𝚒 𝚛 𝚎

━━━━━━◇x◇━━━━━━

AFTER ROSEMARY AND RAY talked about their plans and their next motives, Ro picked up a pan and a metal spoon, walking over to the room where the children were sleeping.

"Wake up everyone!" Rosemary clanged the two objects at her hand together, making a loud sound for the children to hear. The children all sat up, chatting happily about the comfort of their sleep.

Rosemary watched the children as they fixed their bed, helping them if they ever needed help. She also helped arrange the bath that the kids would go into, separately of course.

"The bath's ready!" Rosemary announced to the boys who were racing their way through the baths. "Hey-- no running!" She huffed as a small smile made its way through her face.

Emma stepped beside Rosemary, a relieved look at her face. "I'm happy." Emma breathed out as she side-eyed Ro. "They deserve a life like this."

Rosemary frowned a little at her statement. "You do too. We all do." She retorted. Emma's smile widens as she gave Ro a sudden hug. Ro hugged her back, a thought coming up to her mind.

"Emma?" Rosemary whispered to her ear.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think. . . we'll ever be free?" Rosemary asked her as she feels Emma's grip on her tighten. "I, uh. Of course we will." Emma hesitated, losing her grip on Rosemary as they broke the hug.

The children have changed in a new set of clothes, washing their old Grace-field clothing. Rosemary wore the long-sleeved white polo, and black pants. There was a skirt provided, but Ro wasn't comfortable with wearing a skirt since, she wore one her whole life.

The children gathered in the dining hall, their food prepared by themselves as they dug in.

"This underground shelter is seriously outstanding," Rosemary confesses as she takes a sip from her cup. "There's a working bathtub, toilet, kitchen. . . and even a vegetable garden! It's much more than we expected." Rosemary gives a wide grin.

Ray nodded along, "That's true. The water here is drawn from a large underground reserve. And we employ both geothermal energy and organic waste matter to generate electricity. If the power runs low, there's an auxiliary generator to run on a different fuel." Ray added to Ro's comment.

"Organic waste matter?" Don asks Ray as he leans closer to him, whispering the answer. "Wha-- with poop?! For real?!" Don questions loudly, making Ro wince slightly by the intensity.

"And kitchen garbage I said!" Ray retorted, hushing Don just as Gilda scolded them. Rosemary shook her head, a smile on her face as she watches them.

The shelter they found in the coordinates B06-32 was the ideal hidden home where their family could say at. They were safe, clean, and healthy.

It was perfect.

Rosemary thought about Phil and the other kids left at the house. How are they doing? Are they eating well? Do they still live at the house or at another home?

Rosemary couldn't help but ponder about their wellbeing.

The group gathered around to discuss what they found whilst Rosemary roamed around the shelter.

She was investigating the underground, suspicious to where that man got a gun when it's not available in any plantation. She sneaked in the room they held the stranger captive, but before she could even open the door, it was already opened.

"No less from an adult." Rosemary muttered as she bit her lip, thinking of how the man escaped. "Ah, that's right. The plan." Rosemary jogged, reaching on to the room where the kids gathered.

"Yo, " Rosemary greets, the Emergency Self-Destruct System's button in her hand. The man flinched and looked behind him.

"We found it yesterday in the archive room," Ray informed the group, looking at Ro who had a grim expression in her face. "Must to protect the secret. . . I think. If worse comes to it, the demons find out about this place."

"I'm kinda sleep-deprived because you cut off the wiring, you know? Took me quite a while to fix it." Ray grinned.

Ro watched from behind, folding her arms. "The self-destruct-system is online."

Emma eyed the stranger, spreading her arms wide as a mocking grin appeared. "Then let's make a deal sir, or we'll blow up the whooooleee shelter!"

The man flinched. "This place is important to you, right? More than just a bunch of resources. You do understand that if we destroy the shelter, you won't be having any tea parties anymore." Emma's grin disappeared, a serious tone laced with her voice.

The man looked at every single kid present. 'Are they crazy?!'

However, he soon calmed down as he assessed the situation he was in. "Very well," he agreed, "if ya'll are so eager to throw away your lives, I'll help you die."

"I'll go with you and help you search for Minerva. But! I'm showing the way and that's it.  I'm not guarding crap. And I'm definitely not putting my life on the line."

Rosemary nodded as she understood his statement. "That's fine with us." She commented, looking at the man straight in the eye.

"So, what's your name?" Emma asked, but the man dissmissed her question as he had no intentions to get close with them.

Rosemary smiled, 'good. Now we're one step closer to finding out the answers to our questions.' Her eyes darkened, staring at nowhere 'I won't let anyone else be sacrificed anymore. I won't let Norman, Conny, and our other brothers and sisters die in vain. . .'

━━━━━━━✦✗✦━━━━━━━━

Err, hey guys. Welcome back??

It's been a while, like, months. And I have no excuse (except for school. Online classes taking up my time smh).

I suddenly remembered I had a story to update and finished this in one go (that's a lie). And I reread this and noticed--  ms Ro is so bi-polar
(tsk, not me using bi-polar). Like, she starts as a shy girl who scared and stuff, then she starts to help Mama Isabel and at the same time not. THEN she's suddenly super agile (when she escaped)?? I was like, wth happened here? But I won't change it (not me being lazy--) and I'll improve my writing.

I'm honestly glad I found time to finish this. >->

Manga Chapter: 57

Q: How's life been for you guys stuck in home?

MA: For me, relatively boring cause there's nothing else to do.