07

𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚠𝚎 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗. 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜, 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚟𝚎

∴━━━✿━━━∴

"- A SECRET ROOM. . . . IN THE HOUSE?"  Don asks the girls who nodded in reply. "That's right. And it's location, is next to mama's room."

"But what is it even for?" Don questions. "Well, that'd probably--" Ray cuts Emma off, "for her to make reports."

"Mama makes reports on a daily basis to the HQ. That's probably what the room is for."

"H. . . . Q?" Don asks, tilting his head. "Headquarters, " Rosemary answers, "I - if you think about it, where did the babies and Sister Krone come from? That h - headquarters is probably the base of operation."

"Ray, did you already know that this room existed here?" Emma asks Ray. "Nope, but I have been suspecting that there's gotta be a room like that somewhere in the house."

Don gave an outburst, saying that room may give information on the 'outside world'. However, Ray said that it'd be useless if they ever did try to go in.

Rosemary, though, was amused by this information. She, Gilda, and Emma found out about this room, and with Ray confirming their theories, she wanted to see the room herself.

"W - We'll prepare for dinner," Rosemary says as she stands up. Her, Gilda, and Don went outside, doing something that isn't preparing for dinner.

Don had successfully stole Mama's key as the sneaked in mama's office. "I want to do everything I possibly can, to save her!" Don says add he tries to pull the bookshelf.

"Anyways, I just wasnt to find out more about the true mama," Don tells Gilda. Rosemary puts on a smile and touches his shoulder.

"I - I'm glad you feel the same way I do, Don. Observe the structure." She tells him as she points at the bookshelf. Gilda pushed it open, revealing a door waiting on the other side.

There was a hidden basement, which the three obviously would go in. "T - these toys. . .. " Rosemary whispers, horrified by the sight.

"It's little Bernie!" Don says as he grabs it. "A communication device!" Gilda points out. Everything started clicking piece by piece, Don had been the one to realize it. That the truth they told, was really the truth, with some twist.

Then footsteps could be heard from the study room, "it's mama!" Don whisper-yelled.

"Let's get out of here, " Don says. Both girls nodded as they left quietly but as fast as they could. When they reached the dining room, the other three were looking for them.

After they have eaten, they cleaned up and stayed in the dining room. "We were in Mama's secret room. We pickpocketed mama and snuck in."

"Well? Has she noticed?" Emma asks. "I don't think so. . . we returned the key to her, probably." Gilda answered.

"This is exactly why we shouldn't have -- just try using your brain a little, what if the room was rigged in some sort of security? Mama and Sister Krone would find us out. . . and then you guys, no, all of us would be--" Ray said angrily.

"We would be what? Spit it out, Ray!" Don shouted. "K - killed?" Rosemary says as guilt starts reaching out to the three.

"You liars. You don't know what happened to Conny? We need to go save our siblings? What a load of bullcrap." Don spats. "You know we can't save them. . . because Conny, and everyone else is!"

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Emma cried. "Just as I thought. . ." Don starts.

"See, Ro, Gilda? They really were lying to our faces!" He pointed. 'Moron' Ray thought. "Don't bring Ro into this." He quarrelled.

"What do you mean? Ro is as smart as you guys. she's close with you guys too! But you lied to her just the same!" Don shouted. "What are you hiding from us. . spit out everything you've got."

After explaining and some gasps thrown here and there, Don's anger was finally let out. "Quit messin' around with us!" He punched Norman and did the same with Ray.

"Norman, Ray!" Rosemary exclaims in surprise. "Are we really that useless?" Don asks as he lets go of Emma's collar. "In your eyes, are we really that useless that you had no choice but to protect us from the world?"

"We already know why you l - lied to us," Rosemary says as tears build up at her eyes. "It's because you w - wanted to keep us safe, right?"

"I get it, we really do get it. I thought you guys wanted us to help you out! It's frustrating. It's depressing."

"But we're family! We're siblings! We just wanted you, to have a little faith in us!" Don says. He apologizes to them for his irritation, and walks out with Gilda following behind.

Rosemary just looks at them. And she just smiles sadly. "I put my faith in you. I think it's best if you'd do the same for me. For us."

She walks out of the dining hall and back to her room. 'No matter. I love you all guys to the very end. A simple lie won't make me lose my trust, '

The next day, Rosemary acted normal. As normal as she could be. The three apologised to her since she wasn't there when they all apologised, and she quickly did as well.

"It's not, any of your problems. Besides, I have secrets I've been k - keeping from you all as well." Rosemary says.

The five children were at shock, was she a super-secret spy? Was their plan all over? Well, no.

"I'd like to apologise for being ignorant and selfish. The truth is, I knew the secret of the house years ago. But I was too scared to do anything.  Unlike Ray, he spent most of his life doing something to help you all escape. But, all I could do was study and help some of the children. I didn't try to stop mama or anything. I accepted my fate." Rosemary says, walking ahead of them as she removes her tears.

"I'm so sorry."

.....

.....

"Ro! Why didn't you tell us!" Emma whined as she hugs Rosemary from behind. "Wha-"

"It's okay, Ro. We understand, you don't have to keep the burden to yourself." Norman says as everyone hugs Rosemary. "Group hug!" Emma chants.

━━━━❰・❉・❱━━━━

𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑠𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑦 𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝐼'𝑚 𝑙𝑎𝑧𝑦 𝑎𝑓-