Chapter 06

When Priscilla woke him up precisely thirty minutes after as he ordered, Cleatt opened his eyes, annoyed.

Afterwards, he asked, ‘Ah, is it time already?’ and nodded.

As if subconsciously, his eyes followed her hand when she removed it from his head. His gaze looked like he was reluctant to part with it, and Priscilla felt embarrassed deep down.

“That was extremely effective. It felt like I slept more just now compared to a night’s worth.”

“I’m glad to have been of service.”

Cleatt looked even more refreshed than when he came into this room with his throbbing head.

“I’ll be able to move right ahead with my afternoon work thanks to you.”

Priscilla smiled at those words. Cleatt looked at her expression, and after having thought of something for a bit, he began to talk.

“I know this may be impudent even for me, but I’d like to ask you for a favor.”

“What is it?”

“Is it possible to occasionally do this in the future?”

Priscilla’s eyes were wide open at his request. Cleatt smiled wryly and shrugged his shoulders.

“Though this may sound shameful, I haven’t been feeling quite good these past few days. But when you put your hand on my head the other day, and even today, it felt extremely pleasant. If time allows it and if you’re fine with it, can we meet up once every few days for just thirty minutes?”

“Lord Brody, have you been sleeping on time at night?”

“…Not much. Time is also a problem, but my sleep has been getting shallower every year, and it’s harder to handle the fatigue. I wonder if it’s due to my age.”

When she looked at his bitter smile, Priscilla became simply concerned. To request a favor from such a young lady, then it must be a really serious problem.

Cleatt is said to be the one who’s entrusted with the most responsibility, even from among the prime ministers shouldering the country’s politics.

If that person were to collapse, it would affect the country’s issues. Moreover, what Cleatt said about his age—he’s still quite young. It’s not something that could be seen clearly by just the word age.

“If you’re fine with me, please ask for me whenever you please.”

“When are you free?”

“I’m given an hour lunch break from one in the afternoon, so if it’s time, then that would be the only one. If it was after, then I would try and make time, but…”

“You’re right. Even I’m unable to rest at meetings…”

“Then I’ll try as much as possible to be in this room, so please feel free to come whenever.”

“Ah, sorry about that. I can’t come here everyday either, so I’ll just take your time during your lunch break.”

Cleatt declined her once, but she just quietly laughed and said, “It should be fine since I’ve never known what to do with my break for a while now.”

When he looked at her face, Cleatt unusually felt like saying, ‘If you say it like that, I might be tempted to take advantage of it, you know.’

Of course, he’d only be able to say that because he’s fascinated with her hands. At times like these, it would be nice to call for Priscilla during her free time by using the Calling Bird, but those are only given to people in high positions.