Chapter 07

Priscilla’s lunch break is an hour after 1PM. Her superiors told her, ‘When you take your break, take it for an hour exactly,’ because work has been busy.

Around the time she started working, she felt that break of hers was too wasteful, and would work regardless if she was on break, but her seniors forcibly hauled her over to the cafeteria.

When around half a year had passed, Priscilla too began to treasure her break, thinking Should I properly rest?

So whenever she had extra time, she would do jobs she enjoyed. For example, she would clean every time she were to meet Cleatt, feeling a change of mood.

Her seniors had already given up on stopping Priscilla, and they allowed her to spend her break however she pleases.

And so, for the entirety of that one hour, Priscilla was in the document storage room.

She didn’t know when Cleatt would visit, so when the time came, she would hurry on over as soon as possible.

One time, Cleatt was already asleep on the couch when she arrived late, and Priscilla, who had a strong sense of responsibility, promised in her heart, I definitely have to come here earlier next time, upon seeing his sleeping face.

Whenever her break came around, she heads on over to the familiar room with bread and sweets in hand.

Priscilla’s destination had leaked to her coworkers. She might be meeting someone over there. 

She perfectly knew that they imagine it to be a love affair of sorts, but even if she were to tell them the real reason, she couldn’t so she just let them assume whatever they pleased.

Lucott Kingdom is an assertive country when it comes to love, so there were a lot of people whose behaviors were like Priscilla’s.

Even the Royal Palace was a place where people constantly talk of so-and-so being lovers, breaking up, or two-timing, like it was natural.

Priscilla herself doesn’t particularly stand out. But because her partner was someone important, she felt that her coworkers were worried rather than as curious as other people.

There have been times she heard her friends say, Because that personality of yours is so serious and not as uninhibited when it comes to love, you might often be conveniently played with by Cleatt, what with his high position.

Whenever they said that, she would reply, I’ll be fine. Lord Brody knows it very well, but the truth is that she only helps Cleatt rest so she didn’t feel uncomfortable about it whatsoever.

Of course, Cleatt also knows about the rumors, but he never showed an ounce of worry, so she also thought, It’s not like that, and felt at ease.

Inside the room, Cleatt has yet to arrive, and so she sat down on the couch. And just like that, she ate the bread she brought as she stared, absentminded.

There have been many times he would arrive 30 minutes later. Deep down, Priscilla thought, He could only rest for 30 minutes, and how regrettable that was.

But seeing as Cleatt thinks he can rest for 30 minutes, Priscilla knitted her eyebrows, thinking otherwise.

When Cleatt entered the room, Priscilla greeted him, saying Thank you for your hardwork.

Cleatt replied, Yeah, good work, as he went straight to the couch, lied down on Priscilla’s lap without warning, and let out a small sigh.

“Today was tiring as well, wasn’t it?”