Chapter 09

The next morning, Cleatt was already waiting at the meeting place when Priscilla hurried on over.

“I apologize.”

“It’s fine, you came just on time.”

Cleatt smiled whilst looking at his pocket watch. Priscilla was charmed by his appearance for a moment. Cleatt’s civilian clothes were neat as he said they should depart to inform their families of their marriage. Cleatt felt refined with his fine clothes, without the manner of a civil officer he dons at work and indeed like a noble, and seeing that appearance of his made her cheeks turn red. And at the same time as this, Priscilla turned worried, thinking, Is it really okay for me to marry this person? after all this time. With their extreme difference in status, Priscilla just couldn’t think it appropriate for her to stand beside Cleatt. She was worried that he would be scorned behind his back for marrying such a plain woman.

Although Priscilla was going home, she didn’t dress herself up too much. When she goes home, she plans on quickly looking for clothes for when she visits the Brody house. Priscilla recalled that she’ll be sleeping over, and worried what kind of clothes would be appropriate.

Cleatt quickly got on the carriage, unconcerned with Priscilla’s worries. Seeing his appearance, the words that

Henry said yesterday– Cleatt has little emotion to him— flitted through her mind but Priscilla was grateful of this part of him instead. Allowing her to think that worrying is useless.

It might take about an hour to get to Priscilla’s home. Inside the comfortable carriage that Cleatt had prepared, the two of them chatted for an entire hour for the first time.

Up until now, they had only spoken about casual topics for just a little bit during her short break, just before Cleatt slept.

While appropriately answering his questions, it took just about an hour for Priscilla to inform Cleatt all of her life until now as well as her who comprises of her family.

It was quite obvious how fast Cleatt’s brain worked even though they were just conversing.

Even whilst she thought, Wow, he’s a really amazing person, she was also worried whether her family would be good enough.

Of course, Priscilla loved her family so she’s proud of them. But calmly considering it from Cleatt’s point of view, they were a family, completely gentle with no ounce of brilliance.

When they arrived, both her parents, grandmother, younger brother, and the attendants all came out to greet them.

Both her parents and grandmother murmured in surprise, “For Priscilla to marry the eldest son of the Brody house…” and casually smiled.

Although Priscilla never heard of it before, but Cleatt said that when his father Duran, the current head of the Brody house, was a new military officer.

Priscilla’s father who was still a boy at that time gave him bread that was half-eaten and as expected, even her optimistic father turned pale.

“I’ve heard that story from father, which is why I remembered the Land name–“

“I’m truly sorry for the half-eaten bread!”

When Priscilla saw her father apologize so gravely for the first time like so, she viewed this scene with a distant look.

And thought this was something indeed her father would do.

Peter had grown every time Priscilla met him, and in her eyes, had turned incredibly fine.

Her lovable, weak brother was a special existence to her, even till now. The 13-year-old Peter looked at Cleatt with a glitter in his eyes, and threw him a barrage of question on how he could become a knight.