Chapter 10

Having stepped down from the carriage, Priscilla looked up at the Brody estate and gulped. 

It’s big. And elegant. I wonder how many times bigger it is than the Land estate. Moreover, it’s still this big even though it’s beside the castle. 

From what she’s heard from Cleatt, this wasn’t the main estate of the Brody house.

Their main estate was in their territory so it was a long way from the capital and his retired grandparents and relatives currently live there.

Even his parents planned on retiring to their territory if Cleatt had married much earlier and had kids but the current situation was that Cleatt only worked at the Royal Palace and unable to pass on ownership, the current head of this estate was Cleatt’s father, Duran.

“Mother likes to nag because Father isn’t sociable but he’s not a bad person. He’s kind to women so you don’t have to worry.”

“Understood…”

That’s what Cleatt said but Priscilla’s body could only curl onto itself. She walked while surveyed her surroundings, not wanting to be rude.

The Brody house definitely gave off a military lineage feel to them.

The estate was by no means gaudy more than what’s necessary, and if she had to say, then it was a house that solidly placed importance on practicality instead.

Priscilla didn’t realize it but it was made so that it would be difficult for enemies to trespass into.

The estate was definitely bigger compared to the Land estate, similar to that of the common people, but that doesn’t it was too big.

Rather, for a family amongst the upper nobles, the estate itself is small. Because of that, the garden surrounding the estate was wide in order for horses to run about and sword training.

Priscilla, who shouldn’t have even realized those minor details, took a step into the estate, a ball of nervousness.

Of course she was nervous but even so, she unconsciously bore in mind that she will behave as elegantly as she possibly can.

It was a habit that was severely drilled into her at etiquette school.

As expected of the Brody house, everyone was at the entrance without showing any high spirits just like the Land house, and both of them were first welcomed by an elderly butler and maid.

“Welcome home, Young Master Cleatt.”

“Yeah.”

Cleatt coolly answered. Behind him, Priscilla bowed her head while saying, “I’m sorry for intruding,” 

But she felt an observing gaze from the attendants that came to welcome them despite their calmness, cold sweat going down her back.

When she thought about it more carefully, she has never gone to a house that of an upper noble.

The people who worked in those places were as equally talented as those working in the Royal Palace. Thinking how she looked like to such people scared her.

Furthermore, because she’s marrying Cleatt, she’ll be living together with with these people from here on out and so her position would become so that she’ll be managing them in the future.

Thinking that, she grew worried if she was fit for such a role.

“The master and mistress have been waiting for you.”

“Okay.”

Guided by the two attendants, Priscilla timidly entered the estate. As expected, she had no time to look at the inside interior of the estate, and could only look from behind Cleatt.