Chapter 12

When lunch ended without any problems, Priscilla gave the other attendants simple greetings.

After that, Nera took her to take a bath. Probably because it was to Feim’s taste, but the Brody house’ baths had a citrus fragrance to them, and this wonderful scent relaxed Priscilla’s mind.

That was the first day of all this chaos. Even though she had only visited her parents just this morning, it felt as if it was already a thing of the past.

That’s right, she’ll have to let her family know from today onwards how grateful she is to the Brody house.

When she faintly thought, Should I inform my friends from when I was in school as well?, her whole body heated up, and Priscilla hastily left the bathtub.

The sleeping garments prepared for her were quite adorable so although Priscilla felt embarrassed, she still wore them.

And like that, she looked from one end to another of the room given to her in the estate she’ll now be living in from now on.

As expected of high nobles, even the furnishings prepared were high class. Priscilla thought, Although I feel shameful, this is my room, as she opened drawers and shelves, confirming one by one the things that were prepared for her.

When she saw a jewel-like thing, she softly closed the drawer. She didn’t want to think when they had that made.

She briefly looked around, and even when the day was about to end, Cleatt still hadn’t come home.

So that she’ll always know when he’ll be home, a door had been erected connecting into the neighboring room. There’s also a door on the opposite side, it being Cleatt’s room.

Priscilla, who had come to live in the Brody house after many twists and turns, was mentally fatigued but she can’t sleep until Cleatt comes home.

Also, she wanted to see his face. If she doesn’t see his face, it felt like she wouldn’t be able to fully accept that she now lives here.

Of course, for Priscilla who’ll start living here so suddenly from now on, the Brody estate’s people were all very kind.

Rather, even during the time when she first met his parents, they had been pretending to be angry, saying, “It’s all so sudden!” but she felt that the people of the estate were slightly more eager for Priscilla to quickly join the family than Cleatt.

Their faces looked completely overjoyed rather than troubled. Cleatt, who had no intention of marrying, suddenly became interested in it, so with such vigor, wanting to keep his partner in the meantime and not caring who it was, Priscilla felt she couldn’t get cold feet anymore.

With their difference in status, Priscilla herself couldn’t be acknowledged by others to be a splendid lady.

And yet, from the Brody family’s point of view, there was nothing to be dissatisfied about– she was once a noble.

Moreover coming from a reliable family that had no malicious rumors, her appearance was normal, and above all, she was young.

After the day they first met, Priscilla was worried about Duran and Nera who wished for children, but that’s to be expected for nobles.

This is what Priscilla’s current problem she most worried about.

She wondered whether she could even have children with Cleatt. Or rather, if Cleatt plans on doing so.

It may just be a feeling, but she thinks that Cleatt has no interest in children.

It seemed he didn’t have plans of doing it until needed, but it also didn’t look like he willingly wanted to do it.