Oakland High School

Monday: Amari's First Day

Malik knocked on both Amari's and Mila's door to get them up for school.

"C'mon, get up! Breakfast is ready and we should be out by 0700.. ON THE DOT!" Malik yelled out.

Almost Ready

"You should change your top." Mila advised her sister while stuffing her mouth with strawberry waffles.

"Why? This top is cute." Amari argued.

"Yeah, but not for a first day fit." Mila reasoned her advice. "Get up. Lemme see."

Amari stood up to show off her outfit she picked out carelessly.

"Yeah, no. C'mon. Hurry, we got 10 minutes left."

***

"Yo! Let's go." Malik called out.

"Coming!" Amari shouted.

The two sisters ran downstairs and out to the car.

Amari was now wearing a crispy white crop-bomber jacket that had a blue Nike logo, cute ripped jeans and some white, blue, and orange '97s.

Showtime

The bell had just rang for lunch, and everyone scattered the halls. Lockers slamming, people murmuring and laughing- Amari missed it all. She honestly couldn't wait to go back to school. She knew it'd be a way to busy herself. To add on to that, she decided to join two of her favorite sports, (volleyball and basketball), and one later in the year, track.

" 'Mari!" Mila called out.

Amari skimmed the hall in hopes to spot Mila quick. She'd recognized that voice anywhere.

Mila lightly tapped Amari's shoulder and smiled. "Eat lunch with me." She told Amari.

"Okay, hold up." Amari responded.

"Ready, bae?" Jay asked, wrapping his arms around Mila.

Mila quickly pulled away from him and responded, "I'm gonna eat lunch with my sister." She glared at him and brushed him away a little.

Amari wasn't born yesterday, so she knew something was up.

"Secret boyfriend?" Amari asked her sister.

"Girl, please.. he is not a secret. Everyone knows Jay's my boyfriend." Mila half-ass-lied.

"Mmhm.. I'm not dumb, bro. I seen how quick you pulled from him and shoo'd him away. And with that, I'm going to guess Malik doesn't know about him..?"

Mila frowned and looked down. Amari could read someone's actions clear like a child's book. She had figured it all out with just two moves.

Before she could say something, Amari promised her she wouldn't say a word.

"Mila? A boyfriend? Nah." Amari said playing dumb.