I'm Fine; Save Me

FYI : I changed Malik's age to better suit his title. Didn't think it through at first.💀 Anyways, EnJoY.🥴
________________________________

Saturday

"I know, that's what I was trying to explain to you. I can't stay longer than a week. That's the max I put in for the leave." Malik said on the phone.

Amari woke up and looked around confusedly. She was trying to remember how and when she fell asleep and how she went from the living room couch to the bed in her room. She tossed and turned until she was fully awake. She paused for a second trying to think. After a moment, she popped up and rolled off the bed.

Josiah heard fumbling, so he ran out the bathroom shirtless to check on Amari. He was fresh out the shower. "You good, baby?"

Amari stood up and looked at him. "Yeah... I just thought you left without saying anything to me." She walked up to him and wrapped her arms around him.

Josiah smiled and laughed a little. "Nah, I wouldn't do that." Josiah said while hugging Amari tightly.

"You smell good." Amari told Josiah.

"I know. I'm 'posed to." Josiah laughed and said.

Amari laughed and hit Josiah. "Shut up."

Josiah went back into the bathroom and got dressed. Amari hopped in the shower and got ready too. The two had plans with Jay and Mila for the day. They had to prepare everything for Malik's birthday dinner and Sunday's Game Night.

"Brielle!?" Josiah called out.

Amari was in the bathroom trying to figure out what she was going to do with her hair. "Yes, dear!?" Amari said in a funny tone while walking out to the room.

Josiah looked at her weird, and they both laughed. "Don't ever say that shit again. You gave me old folk vibes."

They laughed again and Josiah asked Amari if she was ready.

Amari nodded her head and sighed. "I guess."

"Wassup? You good?" Josiah asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Amari told him.

*I'm fine? I'm fine... where'd I see that? I'm... fine...* Josiah thought to himself. He looked around her room trying to remember where he had seen the phrase at. He knew he seen it somewhere in her room but couldn't remember where specifically.

"Knock knock. Y'all ready?" Mila said while knocking on Amari's opened door and walking in.

"Yeah." Amari answered dryly.

She looked more and more drained to Mila.

"You good?" Mila asked her sister.

"I'm Fine." Amari told Mila.

Mila glanced at Josiah and they both caught each other's hint.

"Sis can I talk to you for a second?" Mila asked Amari.

Amari nodded her head and the two stepped away for a second.

Save MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara