Secrets

***

•Saturday Morning•

"How was the game?" Malik asked walking into Amari's room where Mila crashed for the night.

It was the next morning around 1100 a.m. Malik and the girls slept in from their previous long night.

"It was okay. We won." Mila told her brother.

"So, I heard. 'Know what else I heard" He asked the girls.

Mila looked over at Amari who was too busy on her phone. She knew exactly who she was texting.

The girls didn't even bother to respond to Malik because they knew he was going to tell them anyways. They could sense some tension in his voice.

"I heard you two got into some shit after I JUST said not to. And y'all was runnin' around some niggas. Amari you just got here, and you already got a boyfriend? And Mila, I'm not gon keep askin' you bout this lul boy, Jay." Malik was a little strict on his sisters. He didn't want them to get hurt or distracted from school. Especially by a little boy who didn't have a good head on his shoulders.

The girls laid on the bed quietly and didn't say anything. It wasn't that they were ignoring him, they were just letting him have his fatherly moment.

"So, y'all aint got shit to say? Aight bet. Y'all grounded for the month. And ion't wanna hear shit else about no games. Volleyball out the door too." He threatened.

With that Mila jumped up with anger and yelled, "Yo, WHAT!? Over some lil lies yo nosy ass friends been tellin' you? And you know they only do that shit just to stay on yo good side to kick it wit you! Most of 'em just mad cause they tried to get at me behind yo back, but I wasn't goin'."

The one thing Mila LOVED was sports. It kept her mind busy and helped her blow off some steam. She didn't really care too much to go out 'cause she could see her boyfriend at school or find other ways to do so.

"What the fuck you say? What friends been trynna get at you!? And you better not be lying either!" Malik responded.

Mila stood up, grabbed her phone and went through it. She was acting as if she was only looking for receipts she saved for this moment, but she was also deleting evidence of her and Jay being together. She had already been finding ways to hide her their relationship in her phone, but there were messages between them on every app you could communicate on- Messages, Facebook, Snapchat, IG and Twitter. She quickly deleted all of her and Jay's messages after sending him their code, 3822.

If you had an old phone with just numbers on there, and typed that as a message, it would come out to be DTB. DTB is a decoded code Jay and Mila came up with for when Malik would go through her phone. It stood for (D)on't (T)ext (B)ack.

Mila walked over to Malik and showed him all the receipts she had of his so-called 'friends' sliding up on her snapchat stories with multiple sexual emojis, inboxing her with nudes of themselves and and texting her trying to have sex with her. Malik got pissed when seen everything. He looked up at her and asked her to slowly go through everything again while he recorded all her receipts. Afterwards, he asked for her phone and went through it, looking for evidence of someone named "Jay". Mila was a little smarter now, though. She had Jay's name saved as "Jayla". One of her childhood friends.

When Malik couldn't find anything, he looked up at her and asked her once more about Jay. "So who the dude folks be showing me pictures of wit you? Mila don't to lie me. I'm tired, and a nigga got a hangover. I'm not in the mood."

Mila stared at him for a second, then at Amari. She looked down then back up at Malik and sighed. Honestly, Mila was tired too. Tired of hiding things and lying. She wanted to be able to openly talk to her brother about things, but sometimes, she was scared to. She stepped back and said, "Okay, it is Jay...and.."