Chapter 9: Wedding Bells

"And that's not all" Steve removed a two hundred bill from his pocket and placed them in front of Tony. He forced a smile but really he was crying inside, he had two thousand dollars left in his bank account and this was three days worth of food.
How was he going to pay the house bills?!
This old lady's advice was a gamble but at this point he was willing to threat Tony into signing the marriage papers.

"What is wrong with you!?" Tony grabbed the handful of money, "I'm not some cheap whore you pick up from the streets!"

Steve glanced at the very expensive watch, "no that's why-"
"I won't be marrying you until you give me a perfect reason as to why I should!"
"Because my life depends on it!" Steve was baffled.

Bruce was enjoying himself.

"A good reason" Tony stated loudly before taking a seat.

Steve forced a smile, "I'll give you anything you want".

"Try again Steve"

————————
"It didn't work" Steve punched his pillow.
"Relax man, he didn't say no, he said "try again" right?" Bucky explained, he sat on Steve's rolling chair and pushed himself closer to Steve.
"....so...I'm getting closer"

"Yes. Look, at this point he's not even thinking about Pepper. You should visit him, look around, befriend the people around him,  let him know you're a good solution to his problems"
"...I guess"
"I'll handle Pepper for a while more....she's getting a little annoying though"
"How?" Steve laughed.

"She wants to go on these dates and do couple things, it's such a drag"
"Don't worry man, enjoy it....she might even let you...." Steve smirked.
"That's why I'm agreeing to it" Bucky laughed.

2 hours later:

"Alright man, I'm going to head home. Call me if something happens" Bucky yawned and set down his PS4 control.
"Yeah..." Steve muttered and rolled on his bed.

Once Bucky was out of sight he sat up and sighed.
Really, how was he going to get Tony to marry him.
At least now he didn't need to worry about making him fall in love. That would have been a dead end.

His phone began vibrating, he picked up, "hello".
"Idiot! I told you to call me to tell me how it went!" The old lady from the other day scolded him.

"Your plan failed you old hag, let's just end the deal"
"First of all you little brat! I'm a young lady! Secondly, I'm outside this mansion of yours, come greet me"
"No way!"
"I'll fight my way in then-"
"Fine I'm coming!" Steve rubbed his forehead in irritation.

He walked outside his house to find the old lady smiling innocently.

"Come in" he sighed.
"Thank you brat" she laughed and walked inside.

"He yelled at me and told me he wasn't going to marry me with these cheap briberies"
"Cheap? That boy is such a gem! Really, I also thought it was too small" she laughed.
Steve gave her an exasperated look.

"Listen brat, Tony won't marry you based off things you buy him. He needs the actual cash. I suggest you write him a check and let him decide what to do"

"A check? How much?! I only have 2 grands left"
"That should be enough" she smiled.
"And if he says no!"
"Well then we start taking dogs and then return them for the rewards" she made her way to Steve's kitchen and opened the refined fridge door.

"Look old hag! This is serious"
"People in this neighborhood pay good money for their dogs" she answered with a serious expression.

"I'm not taking dogs!"
She sighed and looked at Steve, "I didn't want to come to this but....people will pay money to have a taste of you"
"I am not selling my body!"
__________________

Tony's mom ran a hand through her hair stressfully.
How was she going to pay rent...again.
She was already late on last month's payment. If this continued she'd be evicted from her home.

Because of her age and health problems she couldn't work as much as she could before....

"Mom?" Tony looked at his mom worriedly.
She looked thinner.

"Ah! Tony, it's late, you should go to bed" she smiled.
He glanced at the paper work in her hands.
He didn't need to read anything after seeing those larger numbers printed on the paper.

"What's wrong?" He took a seat.

"Nothing...I'm just looking over some work related papers" she lied.
Tony didn't ask anything else. He already knew everything he had to know.

They were short on money.
And now...the one person she would ask for help was dead.

"I'll handle it mom" Tony grabbed her hand, "I won a scholarship, with the money we can pay the bills"
"Tony that money is for you-"
"Exactly, and I live here so I'm technically wasting it on myself"

Tony knew what had to be done.
And man.
He hated it.

Hey guys sorry I took so long and to top it off the chapter is really short.

So Today I graduated.
Yah class of 2020.
Here's to our next adventure.

Love you all 💕