Chapter 12: Another Condition

Steve parked his car outside of the familiar apartments, his presumably new car was brimming with wealth and speed.

It had been a while since he drove but only due to the fear of high gas prices but now, he needed not to worry.

He was happily humming a song that had previously played on the radio.
He grabbed his phone to dial the brunette only to be stopped by a familiar face.

"It's you!" Someone yelled.
Steve removed his sun glasses and starred at the older lady walking over to him with a smile.

Oh no.

"Let me see those hands!" She smiled excitedly.

"...how did you know?" Steve awkwardly extended his hand.
"I coincidentally overheard Tony and his friend talking about it....my, that is a hideous ring" she frowned.

"Yes well because you made me waste the little money I had and this is what I was left with"
"Poor Tony" she sighed, "anywho, I'm here for my payment. I have a grandson on the way and I need to buy a crib!"

Steve sighed but nodded, "I'll bring the check tomorrow"
"Thank you" she chirped. She waved goodbye before walking into the apartment gate.

Steve resumed to taking out his phone and dialed Tony's number.

"Hello?"
"I'm here, let's go"
"How did you get my number?" Tony asked in concern.
"I'm sorry, are you really questioning why your husband has your number?"
"Yes Goldie Lockes" he muttered, Steve could hear him walk through the house and open the door to come outside.

"What a drag" he groaned.
"What is?" Steve smiled happily.
"You being alive"

They finally were close enough for one of them click.
"This is the happiest day of my life!" Steve skipped to the passenger side and held the door open for Tony.

Tony shook his head and pushed Steve back, "I'll open my own doors"
"With me by your side, people will be honored to open your doors" Steve grinned.
"For the money I presume, hurry, I have a ceremony at six"
"Cool, I'll take you" Steve waited for Tony to sit down to close the door like a true gentlemen.
"I told Bruce to give me a ride, he's going too"
"Oh....great" Steve smiled and closed the door.

Money was the only thing on his mind.
In a matter of minutes his bank account would be flooded with money again.

"Let's go get that money"
_______________

"You're only receiving 50% of the inheritance at the moment"
"What...." Steve blinked a few times.
Was this deja-vu?

Maybe he was just reminiscing about the tragic day when he first met his lawyer.
"I'm sorry, I think I got lost in my thoughts, can you repeat that again" he smiled.
Tony raised an eyebrow.

"Seems he left another request....in respect to the family company that is"

Steve's smile widened a bit more before realizing this wasn't a flashback, this was....very much real.

"And why are you just telling me this now?! What will I get?!"

"Since you married Tony, you will be receiving a large sum of money, the house, and the cars. However, you will not be taking over the company until you have graduated high school and have earned the respect of the current President of the company-"
"And who is that?!" Steve slammed the table furiously.

"You're acting like a spoiled brat" Tony muttered, he was currently playing a mobile game on his phone to kill the time.

Steve ran a hand through his hair in frustration.
After taking a deep breath, he sat down and crossed his arms.

"His name is Richard Parker, he's been working in the company for 20 years now. We don't know much about him, all we know is he's a public figure and very well respected throughout the work force. His wife also works along side, Mary Parker"

"I've heard of them" Tony say up, "aren't they the married scientist duo who have made staggering developments in the science engineering field?!"
"I believe so, I wasn't aware of your interest in engineering, you sound like a very promising student" the lawyer smiled.

"I'm a big fan of theirs, some of their work is....just brilliant really. I never would have imagined this.....I mean....having so close of relation to them" Tony was rambling.

"I think they would be honored to meet you, after all, they too have been informed of your recent marriage"

"No way! I doubt they'd be in agreement with a young gay couple, it's ridiculous" Steve was clearly bothered with the fact that more people knew about their situation.

"Then don't show your ugly face, I'll handle it" Tony huffed.
"Listen here Tony Rogers! I'm the man they need to see so-"
"You did not just call me Rogers!"
"Get used to it, Mrs. Rogers"
"I want a divorce"

"Relax everyone, not to worry, I've already arranged a meeting with them. They want to see both of you Tommorow, at 4 pm"

Tony and Steve froze.
That was less than 24 hours now.

"Steve....."
"What"
"Can I....borrow some clothes"

Steve was surprised. He didn't think about that.
His clothes would probably fit Tony too big.

"It's 4:30, the mall is still open. Has the money been transferred to my account" Steve asked.
"Yes" the lawyer smiled.

"Come on, we still have time" they both rushed outside.
______________________

"Bucky...." Pepper asked nervously, she and Bucky were standing near each other awkwardly.
He had texted her a message reading, "can we talk", and that usually meant something.

"Pepper" he sighed, "you are a really interesting person but....you are too good for me"
"What...." she frowned.

"You have a bright future ahead of you and....I'm just going to hold you back...."
"You're lying! If you're going to end it here at least tell me why!" She cried.

Bucky looked at her with a tired expression, "the truth is I have no interest in you, I thought I'd fool around with you and I did-" Pepper raised her hand and harshly slapped him.

This wasn't the first time it happened, one time one of his exes tried to black mail him into telling everyone that he had sex with her.
Bucky laughed and told everyone himself.

"You're such a jerk!" Pepper cried.
"You'll move on" he turned to leave.

"I hate you!"
"Same here" he continued walking until he could no longer hear her cursing at him.

"Finally....I'm away from that freak" he smiled.