Chapter 13: Fashionista

Tony dreaded situations like this.
He was a genius! So he didn't have to worry about being good looking or anything of that sort.
But here he was, waiting in line to enter an exclusive store who served only those with big bank balances.

"I don't belong here" Tony muttered.
"Not yet" Steve smiled.

"Good evening mr. Rogers, we haven't seen you in a while. We were worried you left us for a competitor" an employee laughed.

Why was she laughing, was she seriously flirting with Steve.

Tony sighed and went on ahead.

"Oh....actually, sir, you have your own private fitting room this way" she stopped Tony on his tracks.
He felt like an impatient child, "oh", was all he could muster.
Steve laughed and followed behind them.

"This is your room, we'll be right with you. Please choose the designs and colors you'd like"
"Yes thank you" Steve shot her a smile.

After she left the room Tony rolled his eyes.
She was annoying.

"I still have the ceremony"
"I'll drive you there and this will be quick, they'll just take your measurements and you'll be free to go"
Tony nodded and looked around the luxurious room.

He spotted a navy blue suit accompanied by a gray vest.
"This one looks nice" he muttered.

"It's a nice calming color, what about this one" he pointed at a black one with no vest, only a white dress shirt.
"A vest can feel a bit.....restraining and clustering, it's best if you feel free" He explained while adjusting the shirt's collar.

"Then what about this" Tony pointed to the opposite side.
"Cardigans? They're comfortable but....not what we're aiming for if we want to give a good impression"
Tony agreed but went to check them out anyway.

They were soft, he could already feel the expensive quality with a single stroke.

"Want one?" Steve asked.
"....can I?" Tony muttered.

"Yeah, you can" Steve grabbed a burgundy one, "there's more things over here" He lead Tony into a more casual wear section.

At the end of the visit Tony was handed two full bags of expensive clothes, just for him.
He felt weird. Almost blessed, if it weren't for Steve's annoying presence the shopping experience would have been pure bliss.

He was so used to shopping at thrift stores or having clothes being donated to him by neighbors or distant family members.

"Thanks Capsicle" Tony hummed.

"You-"

"Mr. Rogers" the same employee as earlier called out, she sighed in relief when she finally reached him.
"What's wrong? Did I forget something?" He asked.
"No, nothing like that Sir. I just wanted to wish you a good day"

Tony was left speechless by her bluntness, she really was going all out.

"Oh, well thank you, have a good day too" Steve smiled completely unfazed by her obvious intentions.

Tony wondered if Steve really couldn't tell or was just really completely uninterested.

As far as he knew, Steve always only liked one girl and that was none other than Peggy.
Now that he really thought of it, it really always was Peggy. 
He never stopped loving her.

"Sorry Lady but this man is already taken" Tony huffed, she was crazy to think that Steve would be interested in her.
"Oh! I wasn't- I mean- that wasn't my intention!" She fumbled over her words, her red face was enough evidence to support his case.

Steve froze, he didn't think Tony would go around and flaunt their matrimony like that.
He guessed it would only be right if he went along with it.

"It's true, him and I are married now" Steve wrapped his arm around Tony's waist.
His fingers stopped at his stomach and gently  touched Tony's shirt.
Tony almost squirmed at the touch.

He felt uncomfortable, why in the world would he do that.
Using his hand, he clenched Steve's arm tightly and twisted it.

"Ouch!" Steve yelped.

"Don't touch me Idiot"
"You're my husband! I can at least do that!"
"Ugh! Great Cap, now I have to burn this shirt"
"You're so dramatic" Steve sighed.

They continued fighting as they left the store leaving a very confused employee with her eyes wide and mouth gaped.

"You're the one that said I was unavailable!"
"I was referring to Peggy!" Tony hugged the bags tightly.

The car ride to Tony's ceremony was quiet.
Steve's thoughts were probably a mess with all the information that had been simultaneously transferred into his mind.
A simple minded person like him would obviously have difficulty in understanding some a 'complex' situation.

"....so you don't want anyone to know..."
"Exactly"
"Tony...."
"What?"
"Never mind" he tightened his grip on the steering wheel.
________________________

It was night time now.
The ceremony was boring, he got his medals and recognition and was sent home.
Pepper and Bruce invited him out to celebrate but he  denied.

Tommorow he would be meeting two very important individuals, that was about all of the rewards he needed.

He scrolled through his phone and found his way to their social media profile.
They shared one account titled, "Parkers" with over 2 millions followers.

He clicked on their most recent post which was less then three days ago.

The post was a video showing a little boy with light brown curly hair and hazel eyes.

"Peter, look at mama!" He assumed that was Marry.
The small boy looked straight into the camera almost as if he was staring directly Tony.

"Say hello " Marry laughed.

"Mama..."The little boy looked around, he was clearly uninterested in talking to a phone.

"Mommy and Daddy love you Peter-"
"Marry! I need you! Something went wrong with the machine"
"Going, say bye bye everyone" she cooed.

"Marry!"
The video ended.

He scrolled down the later post and found a picture of Peter with sunglasses at the beach.
Marry and Richard were building a sand castle taller than Peter himself.
That was so like them.
Always building things.

Tony his set phone nervously.
He was really going to meet them soon.

His phone vibrated suddenly. He lifted it up revealing a message from the devil himself.

Steve- nervous?
Tony- block me
Steve- I'll be picking you up early. We're missing school. Go to bed already.
Tony- shut up Cap, I'll sleep when I want.
Steve- *seen*

Tony rolled his eyes.
Fine.
He was tired anyways