Chapter 14: Brat

Peter sat down with a frown. His mom and dad were busy with a meeting and he was left alone with Loki.
Loki was just so boring, he wouldn't let him do anything fun.

"Come on Peter, I can be fun! I even brought you these new toys" Loki begged the 3 year old boy.
Peter looked at the small toys and shook his head.

"Peter!!!" Loki cried. His glasses fell out of place and hung from one ear.

Peter's eyes glistened. He had an idea.

He ran as fast as his two little feet could take him and snatched the glasses away from Loki.

"Peter! Not my glasses!" Loki panicked.
"I want ice cream
"You-"
"I'll break them!"
"Ok fine! Let's go" Loki sighed. He grabbed his glasses and hugged the small boy.
________________________________

"Let's get ice cream" Steve chirped happily.
Yesterday he talked all night with Peggy.
She told him about her day, about how annoying her friends were being, and how she was taking a calculus test Tommorow.

"Tiffany was such a drag, she was telling the entire cheerleading squad that you dumped me, I mean! If anything I would be the one to dump you"
"Really?" Steve frowned.
"I'm kidding love, you know I'd never let a diamond like you go"
Steve put her on speaker and scrolled through his contacts.
"What else happened to you today?" He asked, faking enthusiasm.
"I have a test tomorrow, for Mr. Craw, maybe if he actually taught something we could understand we wouldn't be struggling so much. Ugh, I'm so going to fail. I'll have to cheat or something"
"Really"
"Yeah, it's calc, only nerds study"
"I guess...." his finger tips stopped over Tony's name.

He opened his messages and began typing.

"Hey don't forget Prom is coming up"
"It is?" Steve replied, although he wasn't really paying attention. He finished writing and pushed the send button.

"Yeah, I'm waiting for a promposal!" She yelled.

Tony's response flashed on the screen, it made Steve laugh.

"It's not funny, hurry and make me a surprise"

Steve listened and forced some laughs through out the call, she ended it before he could tell her about his day but that was fine. If he had told her she would have probably argued with him for taking Tony out.

"I guess" Tony muttered. He was nervous and food usually calmed him down.
Steve drove to the nearest ice cream shop.

"By the way, that sweater looks good on you" Steve smiled.
Tony shifted a little, he forgot he was wearing one of the new outfits. Wearing something new and expensive was oddly uncomfortable.
"...if it's on me, obviously" Tony responded with a sassy remark.

He was being himself again.

Steve laughed, "if you say so".

They parked near a tree to have some shade.

"You're paying" Tony stated as he closed the car door.
Steve hummed and walked to Tony's side.
Somehow, being with him like this was calming.

As he extended his arm to pull open the door to the ice cream shop, another tiny hand quickly grabbed the handle first.

"What?" Tony looked down. His eyes widened.

"Hey mister! I want ice cream!" The little boy yelled.

"Who's this brat?" Steve picked up the boy and looked around for his parents.

"Where's your mom kid" Tony asked.

"Hmph! Not telling" He huffed.
"We're just trying to help you brat" Steve was clearly annoyed.
"You're the bigger brat here" Tony took the boy away from Steve.
Steve and the boy glared at each other.

"Petterr!" Someone yelled. They all turned around to see a man with long black hair running towards them.
"Stop running away! You're going to kill me!"

Peter huffed and looked away, "I'm big!"
"You're three years old Peter, just because you're almost four doesn't mean you're an adult. You have a long way before you-" Loki froze.

He realized he wasn't alone.

The stranger holding Peter was curiously looking at him.

"Ah! I'm sorry! I was parking the car when Peter decided to take off his seat belt and run out the car" The man apologized.

Tony laughed and handed him the small boy.
"Peter this is the last time I'm taking you for ice cream!" Loki huffed.

The boy huffed and wiggled to loosen the grip.

Loki failed to detain him and tripped over his steps.

Steve swiftly grabbed the boy and easily prevented him from running away again.

"Let me go! Help me! He's trying to kidnap me!" Peter yelled.

"Who'd want to kidnap a brat like you?!" Steve argued.
"Mommy said I'm cute!"
"Your mommy lied"

Peter and Steve glared at each other with fiery eyes.

____________________
Peter eventually gave up on struggling and gave in, all four of them entered the ice cream shop and ordered their separate orders.

"I'm Loki, I work under Peter's parents as a business man. A while ago their baby sitter quit saying she couldn't handle it and I was the only one available. I mistakenly mentioned I used to work at a daycare" Loki sighed.

They all turned to look at Peter who was stuffing his face with ice cream. His cheeks and nose were smothered in pink ice cream.

"I see nothing cute about him" Steve muttered.

After Peter finished licking the spoon he aimed and launched it towards Steve.
"Ouch!"
"Oopsie" Peter smiled.

"This brat-"
"Oh my God, that's so cute! Is he your son?!" A customer who had just walked in asked excitedly.

"This brat my kid! No way" Steve laughed.
Peter stuck out his tongue and crossed his arms angrily.

"He's so cute, you both look alike! Is he your nephew?" She giggled. It was clear she was interested in Steve.

Steve noticed too because he shifted closer to Tony.
"This is my boyfriend"

Tony felt his heart stop.

Loki's eyes widened.

The girl blushed and nodded, she whispered a small oh and left.

"You should leave him" Peter faced Tony.
Tony couldn't help but laugh.

"Well I have to be going, Mr. Parker is probably waiting for me"

Tony and Steve faced eachother.

This kid did look a lot like the Peter Parker.