Chapter 16: I'm in Love with Him

Mini Neji Mini Neji Mini Neji Mini Neji Mini Neji Mini Neji Mini Neji Mini Neji Mini Neji Mini Neji Mini Neji Mini Neji Mini Neji Mini Neji

Steve and Tony were disappointed.
No, they didn't get their meeting with Mr. Parker, but they did get a phone call.

"I'm very sorry Steve, but for the good of the company I was forced to take an emergency leave. I will without a doubt reschedule the meeting to be as soon as possible"
"I understand sir, take your time. There is still much more for me to learn" Steve smiled.

Or maybe it was just Tony who was left in disappointment. Steve looked relieved and relaxed, which was funny cause he really did look composed a minute ago.

"I can already tell you have the qualities to lead this company Steve, I'll keep in touch" The call ended after that.

Steve let out a small laugh as he put his phone away, "guess we missed school for nothing".

"No, it was a nice break from having to see Pepper sad all the time" Tony smiled.
"Really? I thought you liked Pepper" Steve was a bit surprised.
"I did, but then I realized she didn't care for me. I'm embarrassed at how much time I spent fawning over her. I guess this is what they mean when they say love blinds you"

Steve nodded. He was happy.
Tony was wasting his time on her.
They stared at each other for a while before Tony nervously looked away.

"I'll drive you home"
"No that's fine, I want to stop somewhere first"
"I'll go with you-"
"It's fine. Thank you"

Steve's smile faded a bit, he nodded and waved goodbye.

He waited for Steve to walk to his car and turn on the engine before walking away.
Tony knew he was being childish but that feeling from before, it wasn't something he could just shrug off.
He knew that feeling all too well, it was the same as it was when he started liking Pepper.

And he was not about to like Steve.
No.
Not ever.

He laughed to himself.

"I'll place myself in a mental asylum if that was ever to happen" he mumbled to himself.
The people around him stared at him with confused expressions.
——————————-

After spending a few hours at the library and buying some frozen yogurt at a nearby shop, Tony was back at home dozing off in his bed.

It was a nice day, even if he didn't get the opportunity to meet his idols he still managed to relax and lose some stress.
Now it was time to sleep.....
—————————
Steve's home:

Steve on the other hand was back to his usual self, playing video games until 2 am and chatting with Peggy.

"I missed you today" Peggy pouted.
"Me too" Steve smiled, "I miss you all the time"
"Ugh, you had to hang out with that nerd today. You must've been so irritated" she rolled her eyes.

Steve forced a laugh and changed the topic, "what did we do today?"
She yawned and shrugged, "wasn't listening- oh wait! We got a new kid in today. I heard it was some kid named Henry, he was supposed to come in today but he ditched class before we could even meet him. He sounds fun" Peggy laughed.

"Yeah I guess"
________________
Tony's House:

Tony turned over and stretched his arms. He was really so tired today.
"Hey, you awake?" A raspy voice muttered.
Tony smiled and slightly opened his eyes, Steve?

Steve was laying besides him with a tired expression, "hey...." he yawned.
"Go back to sleep" Tony moved closer to him.

"Tony....this is weird"
"What is?" Tony sat up.
"This....stop dreaming of me" Steve had a look of disgust.

"Hey wait! Why are you here?!" Tony jumped up.
He looked around in the dark desperately.
Where was he?!

He was in his room, the lights were off, everything was quiet. Did he....
Did he really just dreams of that Capsicle?

"No....no...nooo" he grabbed a pillow and covered his face.
Steve was a man.
A man who is in love with none other than Peggy, the head cheerleader.
They are high school sweethearts, in a few years they'll get married and have kids.
And where would he be, sitting by the other guest and wishing them a happy ever after.

Just imagining that made him want to puke.

He was definitely moving away.
He'd rather run away than have his heart broken.
Wait, heart broken? Why would he? He doesn't like that idiot!

Tony laughed at himself.
The only idiot here was himself.

Why else would he dream of him.

He covered his face with his hands and sighed.
"I hate you Steve...so much"
____________

"Achoo!" Steve sneezed loudly.
He rolled on his bed and covered himself with blankets.

"Ughh, I'm getting sick"

He grabbed his phone from his nightstand and checked his notifications.

Bucky
-Prom is in two weeks bro. Who you going to ask?
Peggy or ma boy Tony 😏

Peggy❤️
-don't forget! Prom proposal!

Thor😈
-party next week

Tony Stark
- no messages

Steve sighed and turned off his phone.

None of the maids or workers were home.
Just him and his big house.

Nights like these he'd just lay in his bed and think about his dad.
How was he?
Was he in a better place?
Was he happy?
Was he looking over him?

He got up and he walked over to his restroom.
He had some medicine for colds.

So it was going to be prom already.....
Without a doubt it would be Peggy he'd propose to.
Why would he even consider Tony?
He knew Bucky was just messing with him.

He phone vibrated again.

He was walked over and read the lit up screen.

Bucky
-forget it, I'm promposing to Tony 😌

Steve nearly choked on the medicine.

Bucky✨
-I'm kidding....or am I 😼

Steve
-He's literally my husband!?

Bucky
-not at school 🙃

Steve
-No

Bucky
-jokes aside, I'm serious Steve. There's something about him.

Steve sat on his bed with mixed feelings.

There is something about him......