7

Jennie's POV

"Are you okay?" Rosie asked, looking at me with worry.

"You look pale. Oh my God, are you choking?" Rosie panicked. She quickly stood up to sit beside me, patting my back lightly.

"What do you need? Say something, please." Rosie frowned, making me drink water from the glass that she's holding and continued to rub my back.

I blinked a couple more times, trying to process and overthink everything.

I took a deep breath, composing myself. Why am I freaking out? All I'm doing is making the girl beside me worry more! But I can't concentrate, all I see is her in front of me, I can't even hear what she's saying.

"I like you." I blurted out.

"What?" Rosie looked at me with confusion.

"What?" I asked back, completely taken aback of what I've said.

Did I just confessed my feelings for her in a totally unromantic place without me realizing? This is so embarrassing, please get me out of here.

Rosie faced the table, hiding her face in her long hair and after a few minutes she look back at me and smiled. 

"Let's finish our food." She declared, pulling her plate and fully stuffing her mouth with foods.

"Hey, slow down." I told her but she raised her hand, signalling me that it's alright.

Roseanne was eating like a mad woman, biting and slurping, chewing and chugging here and there while I looked at her dumbfounded

"Rosie, please slow down." I worriedly begged her but she continued still, it's as if I wasn't there beside her. It pisses me off that she's acting like nothing happened after my confession earlier and now she's being like this. What if she gets a stomachache later? 

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yelled, frustrated by her behavior. I grab her arms, stopping her from eating something again. 

"Don't you dare ask me what the hell is wrong with me just after you confessed that you like me and acted like nothing happened afterwards!" Rosie yelled back, hitting my shoulder with a large spoon repeatedly, making the other customers look at our direction.

"I have to make sure that I'm not dreaming and that this isn't a prank!" Rosie started sobbing.

"Because who in their right minds, especially someone like you would like someone like me." Rosie threw the spoon in the table, covering her tear stained face with her hands.

I pulled her closer to me for an embrace and gently rubbed her back, Rosie's sobs started to get louder when she felt my presence and all I could do was smile.

"Nobody can control their feelings Roseanne, I did not ask to like you but I did anyways." I placed my chin on her shoulder blades.

She pulled away from the hug and looked at me in the eyes. I wiped her tears, caressing her cheeks and letting her know that what I feel for her is real.

"And I'm sorry for blurting it out unexpectedly, I'm sorry this wasn't a romantic place for me to confess my feelings for you."

"But the realization just hit me and I didn't know that I had that courage to just blurt it out, I don't know if you'll hate me after and I just, I haven't completely thought about it. I'm sorry if it caught you off guard." I scratched my head and gave her a small smile.