11

"Jennie dear, come in." Greeted a sophisticated middle-aged woman.

"Everyone! Go get Jennie some drinks!" Roseanne's mother ordered, making all their maids scrambled up to their feet.

"What do you want dear? Juice? Coffee? Champagne?" Her girlfriend's mom looked at her fondly as she ushers her towards their living room.

Jennie's eyes roamed around the Park's Mansion and boy was it huge, huge. The decorations were mainly antiques that screams power and old money. A big painting of Rosé, her mom and dad was hung on the wall of their spacious and grand living room.

"Don't be shy and feel at home." Rosé's mom smiled.

"Your house is really huge, Mrs. Park." Jennie nervously stated, making the older woman giggle from her compliment.

"Well unlike your family who loves modernity and small spaces, our family LOVES grand things." Mrs. Kim laughed softly.

"I could tell." Jennie smiled awkwardly as her girlfriend's mom continued on squeezing her arm.

"Oh please, please, sit down."

"And just call me Clara, no need to be all formal." The woman said, waiving her hand a little before sitting on the couch opposite of her.

"Mom!!!!" Rosé yelled, sprinting down the stairs.

Rosé paused upon seeing her mom and girlfriend chatting, she crouched down to catch her breath.

"Sweetie, you look flushed. Why the sudden running around the house?" Her mom smiled sweetly.

Rosé glared at her mother, knowing full what she's being up to. What in the world is this old woman thinking? The blonde thought.

She shot her mom a warning look, letting the woman know to take it easy on Jennie but her mother smiled knowingly instead, making the blonde feel uneasy.

Rosé was about to sit beside her girlfriend but her mom was quick to cut her off by saying, "Roseanne, sweetie. Why don't you go check up on Jennie's snack for awhile?" Her mom smiled at her, making her eyes widen in protest.

"Come on now sweetie, we don't want Jennie getting hungry now, do we?" Mrs. Park insisted.

Rosé looked at Jennie with hesitation, she knew if she left Jennie alone, her mom would definitely eat her alive. Her mother has always been overprotective of her and more so after her father died. She wanted to be sure that her daughter and only family would be in good hands.

Jennie just nodded at her, urging her to leave and flashing her a reassuring smile. She smiled back and mouthed an "I'll be quick." and once again glared at her mother.

When Clara Park was sure that her daughter was no longer in hearing distance, her face shifted to a stoic and serious manner, making Jennie gulped. The poor brunette's hands suddenly got all sweaty, cold and even trembling a little.

The girl feels like she's about to puke from nervousness any time soon, but she ignored the feeling and focused on the girl seated in front of her although she must admit, it was a hard thing to do.

"So, Jennie..." Clara trailed.

"Why Rosé?" She looked at her seriously, raising one of her brows.

"Huh?" Jennie nervously replied, not getting Clara's question.

"Why my daughter, Kim? Surely there's a lot of girls out there... And there's a lot of pretty ladies that I'm sure is head over heels for you. My daughter is just the school's ner—"