a short zero

hwang eunbi is a strong girl. the aftermath of her rebellious phase back when she was five taught her that crying in front of people would be embarassing and a sign of weakness.

so she did not cry when she lost at a burger eating contest against a student whose family is vegan, when she almost broke her back while dancing to britney spears, when she choke on noodles and almost died with her last words being "woof, woof", when she got rejected in front of the whole student body by a student she 'allegedly' confessed to-

"hey, is she crying?"

"who wouldn't? she got rejected in public"

"he should have told her privately.."

"men are trash"

eunbi surprised herself when her fingers are damp from wiping her right cheek. what? why am i tearing up? she questioned herself. eunbi looked at the people around her but she quickly refrained herself and hid her face with her hair.

what do i do? thoughts ran over her head, warm tears streaming down her face.

"hey, miss.." the guy who just 'rejected' her is now grasping onto his last chance in life if he doesn't let go of her wrist. the student had a cat-like face because of how sharp he looks yet those rich and dark brown orbs of his softened when they met hers.

the moron feels sorry for me. eunbi can feel her blood boil.

"let's get out of here" the boy whispered, tugging her wrist gently. she refused his offer and didn't budge even when he tried again.

the boy sighed, not liking the attention around them. he could feel the glares of the students behind his back.

he tugged her a bit stronger than before, causing her hair to sway away from her face. eunbi, startled from what happened, began laughing as flood of tears gushed down her cheeks.

"i'm okay, i'm okay" eunbi raised both of her hands, pulling away from moon bin's grip and kept laughing while crying. ah shit, might as well look crazy than a crybaby. she gritted her teeth and forced a wide smile.

the dreading silence from the crowd as eunbi laughed through her tears will never leave moon bin's (possibly) scarred mind.

--