two

"be my boyfriend, catface"

moon bin scoffed, fighting back the urge to roll his eyes upon recalling the words of a certain black haired girl. she's absurd. he frowned, shaking his head at her offer which is obviously just a mere pretense to mask another confession. moon bin is not a fool, he knows the girl just likes him to the point of scheming and demanding him into being her boyfriend as 'compensation' for the embarrassment she bought upon herself earlier.

moon bin is not obliged to lie for her and save her so-so reputation she kept bringing up. heck, he does not even know her name! the fact that he has neither heard of her name nor seen her face is a proof that she's the kind of airhead who must be famous only around her classmates and she let that get into her head. being arrogant must have had its side effects on her brain because he can see right through her plans. moon bin sighed and calmed himself, unzipping his bag to get the letter the girl gave her. right, her name is sinb.

your smile
kindred to the warm spring sun
is enough to melt
the embrace of the winter cold
my unsatiated greed yearns
for your arms around me

- sinb

it's a 'sinb' (it means mystery) to him that such a thoughtful poem came from her brain, she could not be any less mysterious. moon bin chuckled to himself and placed back the letter inside his bag when the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch breaks and pondering of poems made by a girl who cried and laughed after getting rejected.

--

moon bin doesn't like crowds and being the center of attention, so it wasn't in his interests to attract an audience when he pulled sinb to the school field to talk. sinb is like the magnet that attracted steels, nosy ones and that is not his fault. okay, maybe she's quite known. he admitted to himself as he passed through the corridor. the marmalade rays of the sun slowly dipping beneath the horizon complemented the puffy grey clouds meandering lazily in the sky. some of the street lights in the neighborhood are switched on, the headlights of passing cars every now and then illuminate the ceilings of the classrooms moon bin passed by.

the chill autumn breeze brushed the warmth of his cheeks when he exited the school building, moon bin reminded himself to wear thicker clothing to avoid catching a cold. he glanced at his wristwatch and it's already half past seven, he spent four hours after school hours in the library. moon bin does not mind studying so he usually spends his time at the library, learning is not a bad thing and he should work hard so his parents' efforts aren't in vain.

he saw the pool area in his peripheral vision while walking towards the school gate. it wouldn't hurt to take a break and relax for awhile. moon bin went to the pool area, deciding to take his mind off things and relax. the reflection of the sky can be seen on the pool and the fallen russet leaves lay peacefully on the water's surface. the leaves on the trees surrounding the swimming pool area had different colors of autumn, ranging from red to orange and a hint of green. some of the leaves are more vibrant because the setting sun's light.

he sat at the bench across the pool and sighed. everything that happened in this particular day exhausted him mentally and he just needs to step back for a bit to breathe. moon bin is preparing himself for people who will throw dirty looks at him for what happened earlier, not because he cared about what they think of him but receiving unwanted attention from people is not exactly an ideal disposition for him.

the scenery in front of him distracted him from that though and he was able to think about other things that did not bother him. it is true that moon bin is that one guy in the corner (and he likes things to stay that way) but once in awhile, he finds himself being the center of attention. back in july, when it was still summer, he found tons of love letters and gifts from anonymous admirers after a clip of him singing alone while cleaning the classroom got a lot of attention. then, in that same season but different month which is august, his locker was yet again full of love letters and gifts and that's because of one simple reason: "a sweating moon bin in pe class is still a stunning moon bin". well, at least that's what he heard from his friends.