eleven

eunbi looks around the stairs and hesitantly grabs the hem of moon bin's hoodie, taking it off quickly. she checks her surroundings before climbing up the stairs, no witnesses. right before break, this timing is too perfect eunbi smirks, satisfied of herself. she walks towards the open door leading to the corridor, set to come out when the bell rings. eunbi plans to make a scene solely using her presence and charisma, she knew she could get people's attention simply by walking. however, her plan seems to backfire and her smirk fades at the sight of a girl hanging around moon bin's locker. the girl paced back and forth with a hunched posture, taking a peek on moon bin's classroom window frequently and blushes after doing so. eunbi rolls her eyes, the jerk's room must be full of famous boys (more famous than him) for girls to stalk them around during class hours. eunbi could care less, it's just one girl and that doesn't stop her from getting the attention she wants. it would've been perfect if there was none but it's okay, eunbi trusts herself.

the bell rings, the empty corridor is now packed with hungry and noisy students and eunbi makes her move. she stands tall with moon bin's hoodie hanging on her arms and struts to his locker. some of the students whispered and stared as she passes by them, only a few glanced at her and minded their own business. eunbi held a faint smile on her lips, contented with the crowd's reaction. she stops before the nervous stalker girl earlier, the girl's in the way to moon bin's locker. the girl looked up at her in awe and eunbi politely smiles. "could you excuse me?" the girl nods quickly and steps away, eunbi leans back onto moon bin's locker and smiles again. "thank you"

eunbi crossed her arms, watching moon bin pick up his bag and make his way to the door through the window of his room. his friend notifies moon bin about her and they meet gazes with moon bin's brows furrowed. eunbi smiled sweetly to annoy him, the indistinct chatter around her grew and more people are paying attention to her.

"what are you doing here?" moon bin asks as he approached her, eunbi did not fail to notice how he doesn't give her a hostile gaze anymore and it made her smile wider. "returning your hoodie, boyfriend." she stretches her arm out to him, giving him the hoodie. moon bin drapes it over his shoulder with a blank expression, searching his brain for the right words to say when a short haired girl enters the conversation.

"senior moon bin.." she meekly says, unable to look him into the eye. moon bin immediately realized who is talking to him and turns his attention to her, a bit surprised. eunbi, whose brain can't process how she just got ignored, directs her attention to the girl she saw earlier. she was waiting for him?! eunbi clenched her jaw, oh heavens, it's so early in the morning and she's already being tested. couldn't this girl wait for them to finish publicly flirting and fixing her reputation? this girl did more harm than good by putting the spotlight on moon bin and her. what's this girl's important and urgent agenda to excuse being rude anyway? can't control your gross feelings for him? eunbi stops herself from doing an eye roll.

"the meeting.." the girl musters the courage to look up to moon bin and almost shouts it, making eunbi step back and scrunch her face due to surprise and annoyance. "oh.." moon bin trails off, remembering his conversation with his real admirer two days ago. he spares eunbi a glance, who doesn't look too well right now. i don't want to embarass her. moon bin bites his lip and sighs, why can't he think straight when it's making a decision concerning eunbi? he tells yoojung to wait and faces eunbi.

eunbi's breath hitched when moon bin places his hand on her shoulder, leaning close to her as if he will whisper something. what surprised eunbi more is his eyes, how soft they became when they are fixed on her. eunbi's heart skipped a beat. what the hell? she cursed.

"princess, i arranged a meeting with her about important things. i'm sorry i only informed you now, it slipped on my mind. let's eat later at lunch, hm?" moon bin caresses her hair, looking at her dearly. eunbi is left speechless, holy, he can flirt! he should be apologizing to me for suddenly being like this! eunbi gulped, it's so weird that her cheeks are blushing- in anger, duh. of course, eunbi is angry and not panicking. she did not just feel the butterflies in her stomach. ugh, damn it! i lost my composure, eunbi come back to your senses. she blinks for a few times and adjusts to moon bin's new behavior, stopping him from petting her head by making his hand cup her cheek. she leans her head to his hand, holding it against her cheek. then, to finish it off, eunbi smiles softly. "okay, hot stuff"

calling me hot stuff with an innocent face. a chuckle escapes moon bin's lips and he sweeps back his hair as he leans away from her.

chef's kiss! eunbi winks at moon bin before she walks away triumphantly. the boy watched her disappear before going with yoojung to talk.

-

"here." moon bin hands yoojung her bottle of lemon juice, popping his own can of soda open as he sat in front of her. the girl bows, mumbling a thanks before taking a sip on her drink nervously. moon bin noticed her fidgeting. "you don't have to feel nervous around me, it's not awkward"

yoojung smiles shyly and nods, keeping her head low and her eyes on the bottle of lemon juice she's gripping so tightly with her clammy palms. i'm talking with my crush, i'm talking with my crush, i'm talking with my crush- thoughts raced in yoojung's head made her hyperventilate until moon bin taps the table between them, startling her.

"yoojung, calm down. do as i say and inhale.." moon bin instructs, the girl takes a deep breath with her eyes closed. his voice is so soothing.. the atmosphere soon became less tighter and yoojung is high up in the clouds, finally convinced herself to savor the moment she's having with him. "..and exhale." she exhaled, able to look at him straight in the eyes when she opened hers. slightly faltering but yoojung managed to give moon bin a small smile, earning herself a smile  from him. she tucks her hair behind her ear shyly while moon bin gets the letter from his bag, he placed it on the table.

"is this from you?" he asked, straight to the point. yoojung nods, her cheeks are red again. moon bin opens the letter and points the pen name written. "why use someone else's name?" yoojung takes a moment to think of how she can form the right words without being misunderstood. the thing is, she really likes hwang eunbi and looks up to her in all ways. hwang eunbi is like a star, shining brightly where you can't reach her. you can only admire her from afar when she's there and when she's gone, you long for her presence. you will think about her during that time and when she finally comes back within sight, your brain couldn't comprehend how someone like her exists. this is why yoojung used her username, so for once she can wear a temporary veil of light and shine like eunbi.

but no one can contend to the one she's laying her eyes upon this moment, moon bin. while hwang eunbi is a star, moon bin is the sun for her. it might sound cheesy and exaggerated for others but yoojung could never forget hearing his singing in a room once. she kept her eyes on him since then and she fell for his smiles, his voice, his eyes, his hair and him. unlike
eunbi, moon bin is in her mind all the time and whether he is there or not physically, yoojung felt him. the girl never really put herself out there but she wants to get to know him more and for him to know her too, so she wrote him a letter.

a letter that unintentionally served as a bridge for the two people she admires to break her heart. i should've spoken sooner..

"i'm too shy about it, but it seems you and eunbi senior are getting along well because of the letter.." yoojung smiles, biting back her tears. "..i'm glad i could be of help somehow." moon bin pretends not to notice it for her sake, she's trying her best not to break down. this is bound to happen since moon bin doesn't want to date anyone, it is what put him in this situation. we wouldn't have pretended if i was interested dating eunbi. he gives yoojung a moment before continuing the conversation. moon bin is about to speak when yoojung does it first.

"would you be friends with me?"

the sound of students' footsteps moving in the corridor, clattering plates and the crowd all became quiet to them. yoojung doesn't know what she's doing, it's going to hurt seeing them together but she knows where she stands and will not come in between them. all yoojung knows is she just wants to be there. close to him. moon bin is nonchalant and nods, he does not see any problem about being friends with her because that's all they are going to be. he and eunbi aren't a real couple for him to be worried if she's going to get jealous, they might even 'break up' soon. eunbi has got nothing to do with this, stop thinking about her. moon bin scolds himself. his stomach  feels weird now, he reminds himself to take a medicine later. might be because of the food he ate this morning.

-