four

"that will be...two thousand, four hundred seven won and fifty-four cents" the cashier slid the receipt over the counter. eunbi opened her bag to reach for her wallet when a hand stops her from doing so she looks up to the owner of the hand, confusion crossing her face.

"i'll pay" moon bin insisted, making eunbi mildly surprised. it's only proper to refuse and pay her own slushie but eunbi knows senior catface will end up paying considering the fact that he's as stubborn as her and hey, who wants to decline getting things for free? so the girl steps back a bit and zips her bag close while moon bin pays for their drinks.

"here's your change sir, oh and we're raising money for a charity so if you're interested, kindly see to that box over there." the boy's eyes followed the direction where the cashier gestured at with her arm, to the entrance, and he seemed interested. how noble. eunbi thought, indifferent.

"really? okay, that's great. what is it about?" moon bin asked politely with a smile on his face, the cashier lady hands him a piece of paper with details explaining about the charity. he's going to take long, ugh. eunbi sighs impatiently and grabs her slushie, heading outside the convenience store.

"i'll wait outside" she told him but the boy just nodded to her, not taking his eyes off the paper. who would have thought that by eight pm, she'd get treated by a senior to drinks instead of staying on schedule. she should have been studying. this is the first time eunbi let a boy break her daily routine and she feels weird about it.

why is this senior of her suddenly offered to take her home and treat her to drinks? does he pity her? does he think they are dating? oh my- eunbi's flabbergasted when she thought of it and is currently now disgusted, she doesn't like him! she only wants him to pretend being her boyfriend so people will think that hwang eunbi wasn't busted by a nugu. yes, a nugu because she still does not know his name. during their way home, they did not engage in small talk and eunbi suspects it is because there is no reason for them to acquaint themselves with each other for it might be the last time they would interact with each other. she just took on his offer to take her home because the psychopath might appear again and who knows if he has a weapon this time? eunbi is gonna need a human shield/distraction.

eunbi had her doubts but when she puts her mind onto it, senior catface might actually have a crush on her. come to think of it, he 'rejects' her out of nowhere and makes a scene about it so the students will link her name with him. she first thought it is because he had mistaken her for someone else but how could you mistake the hwang eunbi for some random girl? right? eunbi is getting to the bottom of this, she put a determined look on her face at the thought of unraveling his secrets and plans. the second evidence is now in her hands, the slushie, the damn slushie. he's suddenly 'thirsty' during their silent way home and pulls her inside a convenience store, then he suddenly pays for her drink like a gentleman. ha, if he thinks she is impressed by his tactics then he is wrong.

eunbi rolled her eyes but a sense of guilt and shame crept into her when she poked the straw through the plastic lid of the slueshie brought by her senior. yes, senior. no wonder he doesn't believe she is famous for being a model student, she was so rude! eunbi made a mental note to apologize about it.

however, this is the only thing she's sorry for and eunbi believes that he should also apologize to her for humiliating her because he never did. well, she did not gave him a chance to when she ran away but he could do better. there were more chances and he did not take one of them- except..this moment? perhaps, senior catface will actually say sorry to her? and help her restore her pride? eunbi's eyes lightened up at the thought and a smile almost spreads across her face but is prevented by moon bin's presence. he takes a seat in front of her with his bag on his lap, moon bin takes a sip from his slushie as he makes eye contact with eunbi.