eight

"millions of people suffer from identity theft and yet you choose to look away! and to add insult to injury, your real admirer sucks at poetry but she or he pretended to be me so technically, i sucked at poetry!"

"calm down. people are looking at us, eunbi." moon bin says, he didn't think the poem was bad.

eunbi slumped down into the bench, her hand tightly clenching the crumpled letter. she's fuming and who wouldn't be?! someone had the nerve to use her creative username for their own gross agendas and this jerk is not helping at all. i'll really end up slapping him someday. she shot daggers at moon bin, the boy just picks up and hands her the notebook that fell from her lap when eunbi stood and stomped out of vexation because after millions of explanation and comparing her handwriting to the handwritten letter, it was not sufficient to convince moon bin or perhaps, his brain cannot comprehend that she won't ever look at him that way which is the universal truth! eunbi ought to clear her name and sit down with moon bin to discuss this abomination but they were kicked out of the library after she screamed so they are at the park right now, near the convenience store they had slushie. however, moon bin seems to be apathetic about it, the boy is as thick as two short planks. a crime has been committed but her fake boyfriend here is busy hiding his face with a handkerchief and cares less about her situation. this should concern him since he is the recipient of the letter, isn't he curious?

oh goodness, eunbi applauds her self control because only the heavens know how much she wanted to grab him by the collar and shout at him. just this one moment, she released her pent up anger. eunbi snatches her notebook from moon bin's hands and rolled her eyes at him, moon bin let out an exasperated sigh and reached out to her.

"fine. i'll believe you, give me that" he said but eunbi avoided his gaze and moved the notebook far from his reach. eunbi unknowingly pouts, busy plotting the death of the letter's writer. moon bin takes heed of the red flush crawling up her neck from rage, he began questioning his certainty about her feelings for him. he moves his hand to get the notebook and letter from her but eunbi keeps him from getting it, moon bin also used his other hand but eunbi is stubborn.

"eunbi, you're being childish right now." moon bin warned eunbi, giving her a stern look as he stops trying to get it from her. she stared at him in wide-eyed bemusement, moon bin raises a brow at her. who do you think you're looking at like that? he thought.

"you astound me. i'm the one being childish? perhaps it is because you're an apologist for things like this and i refuse to be involved with you or negotiate with you" eunbi uttered with pure disgust.

"but you just talked with me, you're involve with me because i'm supposedly your boyfriend and we negotiated," moon bin remarked nonchalantly, catching eunbi off-guard. the girl gasps and is now alerted from what he said, eunbi feels attacked. she straightens her posture and moves an inch closer to him. "that was before i found out and i'm breaking up with you!"

moon bin frowns, he's so damn annoyed right now. she dumps him as if they're really together in the first place, somehow he feels robbed. if one of them is going to get the satisfaction of dumping someone, it's going to be him. i'll just get the evidence from her. he swiftly seized the notebook and letter from her hand then moon bin scrutinized the small details in her handwriting that she pointed out earlier. did i just get humiliated again? meanwhile, eunbi struggles to get it back from him. they play a game of cat and mouse, but catface here is clearly winning. he has the notebook up in his face and moves it away from her reach with ease like it's just a walk in the park. no eunbi, stop with the jokes right now. don't cheer yourself up yet.

to eunbi's chagrin, she can't get her hands on the evidence and the only wise thing to do now is to sit back. the girl crossed her arms and impatiently waits for him, moon bin can feel her sharp gaze bore into him but he is unbothered and focused on comparing the details. no one ever treats me like this! eunbi takes her phone out and texts yewon to rant.