five

"eunbi!" yewon's voice rang across the hallway, drawing attention from her classmates. the girl scurried through the hallway and entered the classroom, leaving the back door ajar. there, on the front row beside the window, eunbi sat cupping her cheeks  as she zones out. she is the only one who did not notice her friend even though said friend is panting right in front of her.

"eunbi!" yewon smacked the girl's desk once she caught her breath, successfully getting eunbi's attention. eunbi lift her head up from surprise, her brows knitted. "yewon!" she shouted back, a little displeased about getting surprised. yewon ignored this and put both of her hands on eunbi's shoulders, shaking her. "what was that about?!"

eunbi rolled her eyes and groaned, of all the things she wants this morning, it's definitely not yewon being so hyper. she grabbed both of yewon's wrists, halting the girl's actions. "what was what?" eunbi asked. this time, it is yewon's turn to roll her eyes, really? did eunbi really forget? they talked about it last night (more like yewon asked to talk about it the next day and eunbi just gave her a like). yewon heaved a sigh, moving her arms off of eunbi's shoulders.

"duh, your 'lost puppy that found your phone'" yewon said with a fake high pitched and sweet voice, she clasped her hands together and batted her eyelashes at eunbi who is now looking frustrated again. ah yeah, her lost puppy that found her phone. the reason why she was zoning out earlier is because of that puppy, gosh, he did not even visit her. perhaps, it's because it's really early in the morning. perhaps, it's because he will only accompany her during dismissal hours. perhaps, he is just her fake boyfriend so there is no reason for them to be together buuuuuuuuuut they should be more convinciiiiiing. eunbi swallowed the urge to whine and kept it to herself, her pride won't allow it. moon bin forgot that she has TWO reasons for doing this which is first: safety, second: her reputation and second is clearly getting left out. how could he not visit her and pretend to ask about her? ugh, he sucks at fake dating. what if he dates a real girl?

there is no way eunbi will take the first step and visit him to his room to 'check on him' because she would look more desperate and clingy, the effect's going to be detrimental to her image and there is also no way SHE will ASK him to visit her because eunbi has to assert dominance. yes, assert dominance. the guy does not believe she's famous for being a model student, moon bin just believes she's just famous for non-sense reasons. plus, he might 'think' she is making a move on him and eunbi definitely is done with his acting skills. she is not going to show any motives, he is not her type!

ugh, right, yewon is asking questions. eunbi breathes out and looks up to her friend. "he is my boyfriend." yewon's mouth hang open, she gives eunbi a funny look. eunbi nodded slowly with her lips pressed together, assuring yewon that this is reality and what she said is exactly what yewon heard.

"did you bribe him?" the feet of the chair beside eunbi's desk scratched the floor when yewon pulled it closer to her friend abruptly. she sat there and leaned closer to eunbi, intrigued by what the girl has to say. eunbi crossed her arms, lifting one of her eyebrows. "are you saying i live like that, yewon?" gosh, even a girl like her has standards. why did yewon ask that? aren't they friends?

yewon chuckled softly and shrugged. "i'll never know unless you tell me what happened." eunbi unfolds her arms and contemplates whether she should tell her best friend. yewon is trust-worthy so it's not a trust issue eunbi is dealing with but rather a fun issue, it would be really fun pretending if they are the only ones who knew. but then again, why would she want to have fun with him? tss, nevermind. yewon might get upset too if she catches us. eunbi stops herself from doing another eye roll, she's doing it too much lately that it might become an uncontrollable reflex when she meets a stupid person and it's not advisable for her dream job. i'm going to zone out again. eunbi snapped out of it and gazes deep into yewon's eyes, indicating the seriousness of what she will say next.