three

"you, let go of my girlfriend"

hwang eunbi could not believe her ears, she covered her own mouth to stop herself from making a surprised noise. but senior catface just rejected me earlier, should my heart flutter now? am i in a romcom comic? her train of thoughts were interrupted when the guy tightened his grip on her wrist, eunbi winced and figured that senior catface is trying to save her.

the guy laughed sarcastically and raised his eyebrows at senior catface, tipping his head to one side. "i'm sorry, but i think you mistook her for someone else. she's my girl, man." despite of the formal words the guy uttered, his voice was seething with anger that it sounded informal. the guy, slowly becoming impatient, turned his attention back to getting out of the school and yanked eunbi's arm again. eunbi whimpered from the pain the guy inflicted on her and cursed herself for sounding weak. it would be nice to swear at the guy but she would not risk her life just for her last words to be the words she would regret saying.

all she could do is give senior catface a pleading look and the moment eunbi did, the events that happened next went by a blur. eunbi heard a thud and when she turned to look where it came from, the guy fell and hit the cold concrete road while cupping his cheek. senior catface punched him! eunbi gasped but hid behind the man, she tugged senior catface's uniform and whispered "senior catface, let's just get out of here"

moon bin ignored her request and gave the guy a stern glare as the guy struggled to get back up to his feet. he staggered towards moon bin, fuming with anger. he wiped the blood on his lips, not breaking eye contact with moon bin. "move and don't involve yourself any further or you will regret it."

"where are you planning to take my girlfriend?" moon bin asked, almost growling at the guy. eunbi, who is still tugging moon bin's uniform, persisted on getting both of them away from this place. if someone sees us here, senior catface will get in trouble for landing the first blow! eunbi is very grateful for moon bin, though he's the main reason she's even in this situation. she's grateful enough to overlook that and worry for his school records. eunbi knows not anyone will just step in and save her from getting dragged away, some people just freeze in fear and some will turn a blind eye. yes, not everyone can be like senior catface and she thought what would have happened if he wasn't here?

"i said, move, kid." the guy warned, eunbi caught sight of his clenching fist and her eyes bugged out. she started panicking and tried to pull moon bin away from the guy. "come on! let's just go!" she pleaded, desperation evident in her voice. moon bin held her hand firmly, stopping eunbi from tugging his uniform. he turned to give her a reassuring look and squeezed her hand. eunbi let out a breath she did not know she was holding. for a second there, she felt secure with him.

but only for a second and eunbi's again reminded of how worn out she is today, she studied for hours inside the library and she ran from a crazy psychopath who claims her as his own when she belongs to no one but herself (his mindset exhausted her more than the running) and now, the guy who just saved her won't even let her save him back. hwang eunbi had enough of this and irritation flashed across her face, she suddenly felt courage. fine, screw it. whatever happens, happens.

eunbi snapped and freed herself from moon bin's hold, surprising moon bin. "you bastard!" eunbi gathered all the strength she has left and quickly kicked the guy's private part as strong as she can. the guy yelped and writhed in pain on the floor, almost tearing up. eunbi walked towards him and stepped on him, she pulled his hair harshly and made him look at her into the eyes.

"i'm not anyone's property and i'm certainly never going to be your girlfriend. don't pull another stunt like this or i will ask my parents to send you to jail. do you understand?!" eunbi lashed out, she pulled the guy harder when he didn't respond. "do you understand?!" she repeated, raising her voice at him. the guy nodded with a painful look on his face, his eyes are closed and his face is soaked with sweat.

eunbi dropped his head to hit on the floor, pulling out her phone from her pocket to take a picture of him. "the school will hear about this." she coldly said and turned around to walk away from the swimming area. moon bin stood there, still surprised from how things escalated quickly. he didn't expect it would end this way, but it's not bad as his lips held a faint smile after she passed by him.

-

moon bin is quite impressed of eunbi but unbeknownst to him, the fear returned and lingered in eunbi's mind. no matter how strong and brave she is, part of her still crumbles in fear at the thought of being almost kidnapped by an obsessed stranger who goes to the same place with her everyday. she's shocked beyond speaking and is quiet on the way back to the library where she forgot her belongings.

although the guy is battered and might even stay out of her sight as the consequence of the event earlier, eunbi couldn't help but be aware of her surroundings two times more and is eventually becoming more paranoid the longer she's alone.

eunbi retrieved her bag from the library and exited the school building for the second time. she can feel her heart pounding hard against her chest and it's not even that hot in autumn yet she felt herself sweating buckets. eunbi gripped the strap of her bag tightly and strode across the school grounds to get to the gate quickly. she didn't check to see if the guy is still on the same spot where she left him and just focused on going home.

oh, and about senior catface, eunbi plans to thank him tomorrow when she isn't an anxious mess. eunbi is really thankful and as a result of that, eunbi finds herself doing another rare thing. that is, setting aside her reputation and pride for once. she won't nag him to be her boyfriend if he doesn't want to, because he already made it up to her-

oh wait, boyfriend? eunbi chuckled to herself, remembering what senior catface said earlier. so he technically agreed, right? eunbi comforted her conscience by lying to herself (hey, it isn't a full-blown lie!) a slow and big smile worked its way across her face. why not hit two birds with one stone? being saved earlier and now saving her pride in the name of being senior catface's girlfriend. he can't blame me, he said it himself. she thought and decided to ask him tomorrow about that boyfriend-thingy. eunbi is not exactly a benevolent person to let things go.

just when she reached the school gate, someone tapped her shoulder. eunbi got surprised and turned around quickly with a hostile attitude but is surprised again when she saw who tapped her shoulder. it's senior catface!

"can i take you home?" moon bin offered with a faint smile on his face and an amused look directed towards eunbi.

-