ten

"a pervert and a trespasser. i'm not letting you in my bedroom!" eunbi shouts, locking the door tight. moon bin, knowing he could just break in and escape from this panting, tail-wagging, fur shedding creature who keeps jumping on him, chose to knock helplessly on eunbi's door out of respect for her mom (eunbi is not even a person to him, when did he say he values her as a human being?) he won't be paying eunbi's new doorknob! the boy sniffled and pulled the collar of his shirt up to cover his nose "eunbi!-" he sneezed again, unable to talk.

for pete's sake! my fever is going to come back since a literal headache barged into my house without informing me first! eunbi leans against the door, her arms crossed in defiance and her day ruined. how could he visit a girl's house alone? if anyone from their school is her neighbor, she would be getting sorts of rumors now and eunbi wants none of it. in fact, since her reputation is stable again, she can terminate their fictitious contract and 'dump' his ass. ugh, no, even if he did inform me initially i shouldn't give it the time of day. she crinkles her nose with disgust, her previous thinking sounded wrong. "why did mom welcome him inside, tsk" she asked herself rhetorically. the banging won't stop, heavens!

"knock it off, would you?!"

"i am knocking it off!"

ugh, the nerve of him to make a joke at this time! eunbi pounded the door harshly to stop moon bin's knocking and it did. eunbi uncrosses her arms, finding herself quite surprised that he listened to her. well, not the type of listen when she aids him in studying but the type of listen when she speaks up to him. eunbi realized just how close they are at this point, he is one of the few people she can talk back to without worrying if she's disrespectful. aw, she would've appreciated it if he weren't banging on her door on a monday afternoon! eunbi pressed her ear on the door and she heard faint noises of sniffing, she can only hear angkko. did he leave now?

a thud answered eunbi's question almost immediately and the girl automatically pulls the door open, finding moon bin wheezing on the floor. his squinted eyes are watery and he kept pushing angkko away from him, as if he's..

i hope i don't regret this. eunbi picks up angkko, cradling her in her arms and putting the puppy inside a crate. then she accomodates moon bin to her bedroom and notices the mess he made outside when she leaves the door ajar. all these papers.. eunbi collects the papers one by one and decides to just ask him about it after checking his condition. moon bin, on the other hand, searches his bag for antihistamines to relieve sneezing. being involved with this kid is so troubling, he'll break up with her later when he can stop puffing. he felt the mattress sink by eunbi sitting on the end of the bed beside him, quiet and wary of his presence.

"aish, the first thing you do in front of someone who just started feeling better is sneeze. do you have an allergy?" eunbi tried to sound as cool and hostile as possible. tried.

he nodded as he takes a pill and downs the bottle of water he got from his bag. it took awhile for him to get rid of his shortness of breath and they just sat in silence. if it wasn't for yewon, moon bin wouldn't even think of coming here. the girl walked up to him earlier by the school entrance and asked him for a favor, that is to give eunbi notes about the lessons she missed. moon bin argued at first, because couldn't eunbi just catch up when she's already able to go to school? it's not like she missed a lot, it's just one day of absence. yewon insisted and pulled out the boyfriend card, which made moon bin resist stronger. he's not really eunbi's boyfriend, so he has no obligation to her. however, what moon bin did not expect is for yewon to know the truth and guilt him about what he did to her last friday. she made him remember what he wanted to say to eunbi but forgot during the weekend.