seven

warning. a boring chapter ahead.

a couple of weeks have gone by a bliss and eunbi's steadily building her reputation from pieces, thanks to her genius and moon bin. during the past few days, they have been civil with each other and managed to become..quite friends. only friends though, moon bin is not allowed to tread farther than that line and he could only drool about it. eunbi never put her defenses down, as if. up to this time, she thinks he secretly likes her and the boy is just good at hiding his feelings. how would she know about his past experiences regarding gross feelings about the opposite sex? he might have been rejected fifty times more than her- oi! i didn't get rejected! eunbi corrected herself, a bit pissed when she almost considered her past situation a rejection. even thinking of it is betrayal to herself, how could she do that to herself?

eunbi loves herself more than anyone, hates losing more than dying and is confident about the way she acts. no matter what the situation is, she never felt revolted by herself. the thing is, the one person you should never hate is the one who will be with you for the rest of your life and that is yourself. when people come and go, whether they left a smile on your lips or you're left in tears, the choice to keep moving forward is yours to make and this choice can be influenced by your feelings towards yourself. this is how eunbi understands life in one simple way and this principle single-handedly molded her personality and her behavior towards things. the girl never did things she knew she might blame herself for, like crossing the line by being rude all of a sudden. she's not too kind for she is not afraid to diss people who just asked her a stupid question but is not too ill-mannered to be rude to someone who is civil with her. this is why half of the student body respects her and the other half dislikes her, eunbi is not the typical model student for both reasons good and bad.

thus, the reason why eunbi hated what moon bin did to her and she had a hard time putting her defenses down around him. she avoided embarrassing herself for years and yet this boy just comes to reject her when she's not even informed of his existence. eunbi did not know if he had an ulterior motive or where it stems from, who on earth told him to do her dirty like tha-

eunbi realized something and her eyes widened, she snaps her fingers and looks at moon bin studying quietly beside her. yes, they had study sessions after school hours and eunbi has been helping him with his studies in return for his protection and being her fake boyfriend. eunbi just went along with his pretense about needing something in return, because if eunbi knows, he just wants to spend more time with her. it's already a blessing to accompany her home but the boy is greedy and not good at math, so there they are inside the library. plus, this is better than them meeting up in a certain place when they just came from the same place. why waste energy and time?

moon bin feels her eyes on him and locks gazes with eunbi. "staring is rude, lady" he started the conversation the girl have been wanting to have. in his perspective, these past few days were easier with her teaching him things he didn't have an understanding on and moon bin acknowledges now that she is a model student. moon bin can definitely see her writing the letter, her vocabulary is wide. the girl never fails to amaze him when she teaches him something he knew she did not learn in class, he appreciates her passion and effort for studying.  only a bit though, moon bin knows model students are like that so he is not completely astounded. the boy is grateful towards eunbi, not just with the teaching sessions but how they had a few decent talks sometimes. eunbi also respected his wishes to not attract the crowd by being not clingy, he could tell she's really having a hard time controlling herself. despite of all the nice things she's done, moon bin doesn't let her make advances to him and keeps her at arm's length. what if one day she suddenly hugs him out of nowhere because she could not contain her feelings hidden anymore (again)?

it's the worst, most unlikable situation to be put in. even if i am posing as her boyfriend. moon bin dislikes her because her presence enough grabs massive attention from people, it's what disturbed his peace. if he only clicked on her profile and saw the number of followers her account accumulated, he would've not pulled her to an exposed area. if moon bin's a little more interested, then maybe he is in a different, much favorable situation. they're quite friends now and she teaches him things so what's the harm? he doesn't have a thing to complain about anym-

"how did you like me?" eunbi went straight to the point. "i don't" moon bin also went there. both of them refused to break eye contact and stood their ground. why is he so stubborn? just confess to me! eunbi stared fiercely, her lips pursed. this happens every. damn. time. she asks a question like this and she is getting sick of moon bin lying to her. why is she so stubborn? just confess! moon bin returned her gaze coldly. this happens every. damn. time. he gets asked questions like this and he is getting sick of eunbi trying to be subtle and chick about her feelings. he knows she likes him, no need to be discrete about it.

eventually, eunbi and moon bin backed down and went back to studying. she's/he's a hopeless case. sparing glances to one another until eunbi's timer set off, signalling the end of their studying period. they threw dirty glances at each other after they both closed their books at the same time. can he just stop? eunbi eyed him from feet to head, judgmental. she rolled her eyes and just focused on fixing her belongings, she never met someone who's so cowardly about his feelings. so not manly of him, i would've liked him if he made a bold first impression.

eunbi is just about to put her notebook inside her bag when a piece of paper from moon bin's notebook slipped out and fell on the floor. the beige folded piece of paper had decorations and it piqued eunbi's interest, because moon bin doesn't seem the type to decorate notes with this style or does he even decorate? she picks up the paper and observes the surface, there is nothing written so she unfolds the paper and..

your smile
kindred to the warm spring sun
is enough to melt
the embrace of the winter cold
my unsatiated greed yearns
for your arms around me

- sinb

"who the hell wrote this?!"

-