one

"are you okay, eunbi?" yewon asked her friend after finding them a table at the cafeteria. eunbi slumped down into the chair with a lost expression on her face, spilling her milk from the tray in the process. she deeply sighed at the sight of the mess she made

my 2000 won is now spilled at the table, so much for trying to save every penny. eunbi thought as she lifelessly gets up from her chair to go get another one.

"just wait here, i'll go get it for you" yewon help up a hand to stop her friend, quickly walking to the vending machine. eunbi slumped back into her seat, slouching and brooding over the humiliation she got earlier. some students talked about it indirectly in their social media accounts (it's the first thing eunbi checked) and she can even feel the stares of fellow students who probably heard the rumor or saw the accident happen right before their eyes. eunbi pressed her palms against her forehead, sighing again.

after the laugh-cry incident, they did not get a chance to talk privately since eunbi ran away before he could ask her. some students would've snooped and eavesdropped on their private conversation so she would rather reflect on herself and every decision she made that lead to that moment than be seen talking with the 'evidence' of her humiliation in private. nonetheless, the end result would've been the same: her being a meme in the school.

they think i'm pathetic or crazy, shit. why must i suffer like this? she bit her lip and groaned, messing her hair. she laughed while crying because it might save her image but she became a goddamn meme. eunbi cringed at her feed full of her faces. 

eunbi is quite popular in their school for being a model student. she is THE hwang eunbi but catface here just had to mistake her for an admirer and instead of talking to her privately, he decided to attract an audience FIRST. did he do this on purpose? she clenched her fist.

"here you go" yewon disrupted the girl from her thoughts, handing the carton of milk to eunbi. "i'll eat well" yewon and eunbi said before putting food in their mouths, the latter having a dejected tone on her voice. yewon debated whether she should comfort her friend or give her space.

comforting eunbi who takes pride on her good reputation is harmless yet might be out of the question because eunbi is not someone you can easily convince. yewon also knows she can't just spout generic advices for the sake of comforting her friend and getting it over with in a second because eunbi can read half-assed efforts from people and she does not appreciate that (nothing would be better than less).

be that as it may, giving eunbi space is an even worse option for yewon considering that they are long time friends and eunbi is the type that stores emotions and overthinks about it until she implodes.

yewon swallowed the food in her mouth and sipped her drink, simultaneously observing her friend. the black haired girl is spacing out as she slowly bites the piece of vegetable from her fork. yewon looked at her worriedly and cleared her throat before speaking.

"what are you thinking?" usually, yewon would want to know the condition of her friend so she has knowledge of what to say to console her but this time, yewon just needs to lend an ear. eunbi looked at her and shook her head, she pulls out her phone from her jacket and types something on it.

yewon's phone vibrated. she texted me something.

--

eunbi <3
am too lazy to open my mouth
later we can talk about it
but am kind of upset

--

yewon chuckled, putting her phone back to her pocket and continued eating. eunbi, who is facing the entrance of the cafeteria, spotted the guy who humiliated her passing by the cafeteria. her eyes widened from surprise and her body moved before she can even think, eunbi grabbed the carton of milk and left yewon at their table. "eunbi, where are you going?" she didn't answer her friend and just help up a hand, telling yewon to stay there.

eunbi followed the guy who just turned the corner and when she closed the distance between them, she pulled him to the nearest room she saw. well, she tried and tried like a kid pulling her mom to buy her a candy, but the guy pulled his arm from her grasp and she ended up falling on the floor. eunbi glared at him, breathing out of her nose. the guy flinched but sticks his chest out to look tough.

"what do you want?" the guy asked, eunbi glared harder.

i look even more pathetic.

"let's talk."

--

"be my boyfriend, catface" eunbi said boldly, one hand on her waist and the other used to hold the milk she's drinking smugly in front of the guy. they are currently inside the janitor's closet.

moon bin had an offended look on his face, probably because this girl who might be his junior is demanding him something he rejected her for earlier.

"i just rejected you, kid" moon bin retorted with a hint of sass in his voice. he was not having it this morning. first, majority of the students dislike him just because he was honest with his feelings and second, this girl can't just accept no for an answer-

"and that ruined my reputation. look, i know we both don't like each other, i don't have the slightest idea how you'd mistaken me for someone else and i also know that you don't have any reason to do this but if you're a decent-"

"exactly, now stop wasting both of our time because it's going to pass and people will forget about it." moon bin cut her off and slammed the door on her when he left the room, making eunbi grit her teeth. the audacity. she huffed, irritated by his rude manners. eunbi stopped herself from crushing the carton of milk out of anger.

time to create a plan b, i guess. eunbi constructed and created plans in her brain while heading back to the classroom since lunch is almost through. she feels bad, ditching yewon for an asshole who refuses to atone for his sins.

--