Chapter 1• The Ribbon and the Ring

•••

•••

•Never have I seen a love so pure and true It's hidden in the broken eyes of those two•

When she awoke, a heavyweight overcame her. Her eyes began to close but sudden darkness over her and caused them to snap open. When they adjusted to the dark, a sense of déjà vu washed over her. But there was something missing.

There was no boy her age standing over her, offering his hand.

The amber glow of the burning world around her struck fear in the young girl's heart.

She stood and brushed herself off, examining the wasteland. She started to walk but a piece of metal by her foot caught her attention. It looked familiar, she brushed the ash and dirt off to read what it said.

CLARK AUTO REPAIR SHOP: OPEN

The sign dropped to the ground with a clatter. The blonde's chest tightened as she took another look around. She could recognize the model of cars, unlike the last time. She wasn't in 2019, she was in 1957. Bringing her left hand up she realized that something was missing, what that something was she didn't know.

There was no boy to offer her his hand.

She tried to call out to anyone alive but nothing came out. The young girl's legs collapsed from under her and her knees struck the ground, hard. She let out a string of curses and began to sob. Tears ran down her face like waterfalls, she was angry, upset; her heart felt empty for the second time. A piece of her soul was missing, she could feel her heart-stopping slowly. A faded memory of strong emotion was slipping away. There were flashes of a boy in her memory like haze, and then nothing. Something rushed out of her mouth and pulled her out of her trance, bringing a hand to the liquid she then realized it was blood. She stared at the red liquid in her hand almost mesmerized by it. Then everything went black.

•••••

She awoke again, this time in the room where Yvonne had... In the world with no colors except the house. Jane shook her head and tried to leave but as she opened the door she was face to face with the mantle over the fireplace.

A sealed envelope with the initials R.H. in a dark red font.

Jane reached out to grab it but it disappeared in a black mist, as did the world around her.

•••••

She awoke again with a gasp, this time she could see nothing. She was stuck in place in eerie silence until a single piano note rang out, followed by a song. A song Jane knew very well for she had written it. It was a simple melody and Jane wondered why she had forgotten about it until now. She had very little recollection of learning and playing the piano but the forgotten memories came rushing back. But a vital piece was missing... who was the shadowed figure with her?