Chapter 7• Day Drinking With the Girls... Plus Klaus

•••

•••

"I know this is impossible but," Klaus removed his sunglasses for dramatic effect, "did we all get sexier?" Jane scoffed out a laugh. Five came up from behind and grabbed her hips, using his thumbs to massage small circles. She instantly relaxed and leaned her head back on his shoulder. She saw a man whom she didn't recognize staring at her in shock. He came down the stairs and gestured at her with his hands, stuttering over his words. Diego relaxed his shoulders as he saw Jane. He noticed the way Five had acted when she was brought up.

"I... I saw you. You disappeared out of thin air back in '57. Why do you still look like... you should be so much older." He ran his hands over his face. Jane looked back at Five and he took the hint, teleporting them to the guest room Elliott had given him after a few threats.

"I have something to-" they started at the same time. Normally, Five would allow her to speak first but this was too important.

"It followed us." Jane stopped unwrapping her bandages and gave him a look. She knew what he meant as much as she didn't want to believe it.

"What?" Five sighed and sat down next to her on the bed, helping her undo the bandages that wrapped around her arms and wrists.

"I saw it. Doomsday, Soviets nuke the U.S." Jane rolled her eyes with a light scoff.

"Of fucking course they did," she muttered under her breath. That was one of the things Jane couldn't give up from her past. It wasn't anything against Russians in general, it was just brainwashing and anti-Soviet propaganda. Five brushed passed her comment.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked, gently running his finger over the dried cuts. Jane looked at the marks on her wrist with a slight grimace. Five furrowed his brows, noticing that they were almost identical to the ones that had appeared.

"I'm still not quite sure what happened. One minute I'm walking to... oh my God," Jane stood up, ignoring the rush in her head from doing it too quickly.

"What?" Five followed.

"Darla. I need to make sure that they're okay."

"Wait, Jane. Darla?"

"Yes and Sandra so I-" Five shook his head.

"Where did you wake up?"

"Buffalo, why?" Five took a step back, planting himself onto the bed again. He ran a hand through his hair.

"That doesn't make any sense." Jane sat next to him and grabbed one of his hands and placed it in her lap.

"What do you mean?"

"We all dropped in the same place. The alleyway behind Commerence and Knox. That's where you should have came through."

"Three days ago I was coughing up blood in the park where we went for my mom's birthday. I-"