-15-

"Shadow is one scary fellow," Detonator said as they slipped into an alley and made sure their gear was in place. Teleporter appeared in front of them and nodded. All clear. 

"You're just noticing this now?" (Y/n) said, holstering her gun. Shadow hadn't come out to say goodbye. She'd told him through the AI, but she knew he was displeased about not going, so just rubbing salt in the wound wasn't going to make it any better. 

"Well, we've seen scarier," the panther said. "At least, I thought we had. And then it came to just an hour before we left and he was back to strangling me. I think I have finger shaped welts on my neck now, mate." He rubbed his throat to prove his point. "I think I'll just keep a safe distance from him from now on." 

"This is your time. He should respect your decisions more. I'll talk to him."

"Nah, mate, Teleporter already did that." (Y/n) smiled as the cheetah nodded, smirking. "Anyway. If we're going to get these Emeralds, we'll all need to go in. Your scream should be able to break the glass encasing them and then Teleporter will go in and grab them. Easy in and out."

Detonator took out one of his grappling hooks and shot it up, the hook catching on the gutter of the building. He pulled himself up while Teleporter grabbed (Y/n) and transported her to the top. The panther wound up his hook and pointed to the vent on the top of the building.

"Stay in the vent when we get down," Teleported hissed quietly to her, handing her a pair of magnets. Detonator was already climbing down, his feet pressed on either side of the vent while his hands carefully worked the magnets. Teleporter then slid inside as well, (Y/n) following once the cheetah was a reasonable distance.

About half an hour of hard work and climbing and crawling, they reached the place where Shadow and Detonator had gotten stuck. The panther proceeded to block the lasers while Teleporter handed everyone a face mask. They already had protective suits on, so the masks would complete it and protect them from the radiation. Feels good to be prepared.

They reached the room easy enough, the only fatigue (Y/n) feeling was the fatigue from hauling herself through a vent.

"Alright," Detonator whispered, moving aside. "Do your thing and we'll handle the rest." (Y/n) nodded and moved to the edge of the vent, pulling the cover off. However, as she locked eyes on the case, she saw that the glass was already shattered and the Emeralds were gone.

"They're gone," she said, glancing back at her companions.

"What?" Teleporter snarled. She disappeared and reappeared in the room on top of the case. "You've got to be-"

"Watch your back!" Detonator shouted. He shoved (Y/n) back. "Stay here and don't move until I say so." She nodded as he leaped out of the vent, an alarm instantly sounding.

Down below, Detonator summoned a bomb and threw it as hard as he could at the thief. He, a white hedgehog surrounded in a blue aura with the Chaos Emeralds suspended above his head in the sand blue glow, dodged to the side, picked up the remainder of the case, and threw it at the panther.

"Who are you?" Teleporter snarled, disappearing and reappearing on top of their attacker. He yelped in surprise and hit the floor. She pinned one of his arms down and Detonator went for the Emeralds, but with a sharp jerk of his head, the hedgehog sent them out of reach and threw Teleporter off him.

"I guarantee I need these more than you," the hedgehog said lowly.

"Highly doubt it," Detonator replied, rolling his shoulders. He'd been clipped by the case, but the hedgehog's attention was divided. "Hand over the Emeralds, or we'll make you."