Caleo

Thank you to darkwolfy57 for designing this character

Mari Layte
Hi everyone. I'm Mari. I have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. I go to PaseWood high in New York and I guess you could say I'm a nerd. I have a few friends and we all met in shop class. It's me, Leo Valdez, Nyssa Barrera, (that's actually her last name i saw it on Riordan Wiki.) Jacob Blythe, and Christina Taylor. Leo and Nyssa are sisters and Christina has a crush on Leo. I just think of him like a brother. Besides, Leo says he has a girlfriend named Calypso. Nyssa and I are the only ones that believe him. I also have dyslexia and adhd so do Leo and Nyssa so I get along with them better than anyone else. They also don't have a dad and it's like I'm their long list sister or something.

"Hey guys! You excited for a half day today?" I ask as I walked up to them. A few 'heys' and 'yeahs' were said and we made our way to shop class. "Mari wait up! We want you to come to camp with us today!" Leo shouted. "Um... I'll have to ask my mom but sure." "Okay great" Leo grinned. I jogged the rest of the way to shop class and sat down next to Christina. "Hey Christy" "Hey Mar." "What's up?" "I'm gonna ask Leo out after school!" Uh oh. She's gonna be heartbroken. "Christy, he has a girlfriend." "I doubt it. The pictures of her look photoshopped." "Ugh. Fine. But don't be upset if he declines." "Whatever."

"Honestly building tables like that was too easy." I said at lunch. "I know. We need bigger boundaries." Leo said and Nyssa nodded. "I don't know what you guys are talking about. That was hard." Christina said and Jacob agreed. "Not all of us are smart." I just shrugged and started listening to what Leo and Nyssa were saying.
(Leo and Nyssa are talking in Greek so it'll be in italics and if you haven't guessed already, Mari is a daughter of Hephaestus.)
"I invited her to come to camp today. We have to get her there before it's too late. It's a shame that she's older than 13. I thought the gods made that promise." "I know Leo but we can't tell her until after school or else there will be monsters." "What do you mean monsters?" I asked. "Oh. Right. She can hear us" "Well duh. You were speaking normally." I said.

I looked over at Christina and Jacob. They were looking at me like I had two heads. "What?" "You were speaking in another language with Leo and Nyssa." "No I wasn't. I don't know another language. Are you guys feeling alright?" They just shook their heads and left.

"What was that about? We were speaking english, right? Actually don't answer that. Oh! I forgot! Todays a half day! We get to leave!" Leo and I started jumping up and down. "Oh yeah Leo, Christy's going to ask you out when we get outside. I told her you had a girlfriend but she didn't listen." "It's okay. My girlfriend is coming to pick us up to go to camp so I'll just stall until Callie gets here." "Don't forget that we have to go to my house to tell my mom I'm going to camp."

When we got outside, Christina and Jacob were waiting for us. "Hey guys." "Hey" "Hey Leo, can I talk to you for a second?" Uh oh. Here we go. "Can that wait? My friends just got here." A van pulled into the parking lot and while the van was still moving, a bunch of teenagers jumped out. Leo and Nyssa ran over to them and I followed. They all hugged Leo and Nyssa and I stood there awkwardly. "Oh yeah! Guys, this is Mari. She's one of us. Mari, this is Jason, Piper, Percy, Annabeth, Frank, Hazel, Travis, Connor, and Katie. Hey, where's Callie?" Annabeth sighed. "She was the one driving Leo." A girl with caramel coloured hair and almond eyes stepped out of the van. It was Calypso I think. "Callie!" Leo ran towards Calypso and kissed her. I turned around and saw Christina running away with tears in her eyes. I hate to say I told her so but I told her so.

"So are we gonna go to camp? I'm kinda impatient." "Oh yeah let's go! First stop, your house."

I got in the van and told Calypso where my house was and I sat in the front of the van so I was close enough to somebody I knew. "So what did you mean 'one of us' Leo" "Oh um.. Annabeth I don't wanna explain can you?" She rolled her eyes and sat forward.

"So basically you are a demigod. Half human, half greek god. The greek, Roman, Norse, and Egyptian gods are real. Leo and Nyssa are children of Hephaestus and I think you are too. I am a daughter of Athena, Percy is the son of Poseidon, Jason is the son of Jupiter, Piper is a daughter of Aphrodite, Hazel is the daughter of Pluto, Frank is a son of Mars, Travis and Connor are sons of Hermes, Katie is a daughter of Demeter, and Calypso is the Calypso of Ogygia." I nodded. It makes sense. So much has happened in my life so I just accepted it. "You're taking this really well." "Well yeah, I mean it makes sense."

We were cracking jokes until I got to my house and Leo came with me. I went inside, waved to my mom, and went upstairs to pack a bag. I packed a few pairs of shorts, a few pairs of pants, some tshirts, and a sweater. I went to the bathroom to grab my toiletries and went downstairs to see my mom and Leo in an intense conversation. My mom hugged me and said "be careful and listen to Leo." I nodded and went out the door.

We were in the van for what seemed like hours but eventually got to a hill. We all ran to the top of the hill and apparently crossed a barrier. I went down the hill and a light appeared over my head.

"Oh cool! You're our new sister" Nyssa said "Yay! So does that mean I'm a daughter of Hephaestus?" "Yup." "Can I go build something now?" They laughed "sure." Nyssa and I went to the workshop and we made something actually worth our time.

..2 months later..

I am fitting in so much at this camp and today, Alex from the Athena cabin asked me out! Leo, Nyssa, and I are even closer than ever and I helped so many people with building custom nightstands (with help of course) anyways, I have to go back to school next week and I'm glad Nyssa is coming with me. Leo decided that he doesn't need school so he's going to spend his time with Calypso and at bunker 9. That's all for now. Peace out!