Chapter 9

Althea Garcia Hela Silvermoon

It was late at night as I stood naked in front of the mirror in the attached bathroom, staring at the reflection that looked back at me. Who was she?

Deep down, I felt as if I didn't know the reflection that looked at me. She had this petite bony figure. Almost every single bone in her body was visible even more so as the only light that was on, was far behind her and these shadows emphasised it even more. She had a flat chest with the ribcage outlining her pale skin. She was just bones and skin.

I looked up to her small oval face. The lightest shade of blonde sat on her head and flowed down a little past her shoulder. I looked at her thin lips and the tiny nose before I finally looked into her eyes. Her dark blue eyes, almost black in this dimly lit bathroom.

Who was she? I know that this was my own reflection, but my soul told me otherwise. Who was I then?

This reflection that looked back at me through this mirror lied to me. It was hiding something from me. A deep secret that I craved to know.

Tired of this ongoing mental battle with myself, I sighed as I walked away from my reflection. I turned on the shower and stood underneath it. The cold water hit harshly on my thin skin and I started to shiver.

Soon enough the warm water poured down, relaxing my body. I stayed like that for a while, just enjoying it. Then I cleaned myself up. Natalie had been kind enough to fill the bathroom with all the necessities and even provided me a few spare clothes which I was very thankful for.

I got off the shower and dried myself off. I headed back to the room and looked through the drawer on a corner for clothes. I found a t-shirt and a short and put it on. I towel dried my hair for a while before I finally laid on the bed, staring at the white ceiling.

I had done enough thinking for today. I don't want to hurt my head even more. So, I turn to my side and curl up in a ball as I close my eyes and fall deep into my sleep where I dream about the faceless man again. He, who I longed to see.

Bright light hit my eyes as I slowly straighten my body from the ball that I had slept in. I sat up on the bed and pulled my knees in as I placed my head on them, facing the warm bright light. I slowly blinked my eyes open.

Sleep made me even more tired because I seemed to be more awake while sleeping. Throughout my dream, I searched for him. Just a hint of who he might be. But I got nothing as empty as my brain was.

I heard a light knock on the door before it opened up. I lift my head up to see Natalie's head poking through the door. "I see you are awake now." She opens the door wide as she steps in and closes the door behind her. She walks over to the bed and sits down with a huff. "You want to get ready for breakfast. God, I'm starving."

I smile a little as she turns her head to look at me. "What? I have another being in me. I need as much food as I can." She pouts. "Now change or else I'll drag you like this." She smirks.

Horrified. I jump off the bed and walk towards the drawer full of clothes. I quickly take out a set of white undergarments, a black trouser and a black top. Then I hurry to the bathroom.

I freshen up before I change into the clothes I bought. The trouser had strings so I didn't have to worry about it falling off as I tied it securely and made sure to do one more knot before I stepped out the bathroom to see that she was walking towards me.

"I'm dying here. Let's go now." I quickly put on the shoes and follow behind her as I didn't want to get lost. And also, because I was starving too.

When we entered the kitchen, there was only a few of them in there, already seated on the long rectangular table filled with delicious pancakes and other mouth-watering foods. My stomach protested to let it through my mouth so it too could taste it.

All familiar faces filled the middle of the table. Natalie left me by the door and went to take a seat beside Tray. While Sam sat on the other side of Tray. I went to take a seat next to Matt and there was another man beside him, whom I haven't met yet.

Like Sam, he too had a dark black hair. But unlike Sam's blue eyes, he had dark brown eyes. All of these werewolves that sat here were breathtakingly beautiful. And huge and muscular. Even Natalie.

Unlike my petite and weak self.

"Hi, I'm Harry." He leans over the table with his head facing my way as he introduces himself. "How are you doing now?" He smiles at me. I look at him as my brows knit together but nod regardless.

"By the way, I was there when we first found you, that's how I know." He simply explains and I nod to that as well. Well, at least I know how he knows me.

He takes a plate and fills them with pancakes and hands it over to me. I look at the plate extended towards me before I reach out for it. "T-thank you." I mumble as I look up to him. He nods and smiles at me as he continues eating his own food.

Then I start digging in. The fact that I hadn't eaten anything after I had the spaghetti yesterday afternoon, had made me hungrier. I heard a few chuckles as they watched me eat. It kind of made me nervous but I continued eating regardless.

"By the way, I thought of a great name for you." She looks at me from across the table with a smile on her face. "Since you so kindly blessed us by predicting our baby's gender, we have been going through a list of names for her. I still haven't decided on anything for her, but I got one for you now."

"Her? As in a girl?" Matt raises his eyebrows looking curiously at Natalie.

"Tray strongly believes it's a girl. Even more now since she seems to have scanned my tummy with her laser like eyes." She glares at me playfully. But this makes me shuffle in my seat and look down at my food regardless. And now that all eyes seem to be on me, I sat there awkwardly.

"What was I saying again?" Natalie's voice takes their focus away from me. For which I was glad and thankful. I hated when all the attention was towards me.

"Right. Her name." Then she grins at me. "How about we call her D-"

"Althea?"