Chapter 24

Althea Garcia Hela Silvermoon

A week had gone by, when they finally allowed me to leave this place. And finally, I didn't look like a dead person. My limps were still wrapped in bandages. They didn't hurt too much but the one on my neck was the worst one.

It was a miracle that I could whisper some words out. It was scruffy but it was something. And these werewolves had no problems understanding it.

When Natalie first saw me in here again, she was bawling her eyes out. She told me off for ever disappearing. But I knew she was only worried. Like the rest.

Noah came to visit a few times. He would always try to cheer me up and would stay for an hour or so, before he finally left.

But there was this one person that decided to not leave my side. She sat by the sofa on the corner as she looked deep in her thoughts most of the time. I don't know what was wrong with her. She helped me with everything, and I was thankful for that. As much as Natalie argued that she helped too, I couldn't allow her, not with her huge belly in the way.

I smiled at her constant bickering. She was a lot to handle. I don't know how Tray managed to do it. That is if he could.

Matt was another visitor that seemed to pop his head into the room, more often than needed. His eyes will always be on Evelyn whenever he came in. There was definitely something going on between them. Like the air felt weird when they were together.

So much had happened when I slept. I need to talk to her once I recover my vocal cord as she seems to be the only person that has trouble understanding my speech.

I don't know why but these people made me feel like I was home. Almost. If it wasn't for that one person that decided to keep his distance again. But I knew that he would come to visit me every night. The first time, I thought I was dreaming when I felt those soft tingles. The sparks that I have grown to love.

But this one night, his touch woke me up. My heart raced as his hands brushed my face, ever so slightly, waking up the butterflies. When I finally opened my eyes, once again all I saw was his back as he left the room.

That night I cried silently as I laid there watching the door where he disappeared. Why doesn't he come see me when I'm awake?

When I get out of here, I'm going to find him and ask him myself. This time even if he asks me to leave, I won't let go. I'll hold on tightly. I will shamelessly hold on to him. This time. Because it might be my only chance.

Who knows what destiny has up on her sleeves?

Natalie once again brings me a change of clothes. But this time, they fit better on my body. I guess she had time to buy new clothes. James left us after he looked at my neck once more and changed the dressing.

Now there was just the three of us. Natalie and Evelyn seemed to have gotten close. It makes a smile appear on my face. For she had finally learned to trust a werewolf. One creature that she despised. I hope she finds it in her to forgive them for the sins of one. I hope she finds a home here. She truly seems happy as she jokes around with Natalie.

I hope that one day she too will find someone that loves her and cherries her. One who makes her rise above her hate. One who will treasure her because she is special. I smile as I remember the look on Matt's face. I hope it's him.

I stand up after I tie my shoelace. All ready.

They look at me and smile. "Ready?" Natalie asks as she comes by my side and loops her arm around mine. I smile back and nod my head. Then Evelyn comes by my other side and copies Natalie's action.