Chapter 23

Althea Garcia Hela Silvermoon

Where was I?

This darkness that surrounds me, hides me from whatever that I fear. Here, I don't feel a thing. I was safe. I was alone. Nobody. No one will ever reach me here.

So, I sit on the darkness with my knees tucked and my arms around my chest. I don't know if I opened my eyes or if they were already open, but a bright light hits my face, lifting off this darkness that was comforting me.

And in the middle of the light, there she stands wearing a long black dress. Her midnight black hair flows free on her back and her coal black eyes shows the sadness in her heart.

Then on the other side, there appears another light but this time the light itself was of a figure. Another woman wearing a long white flowy dress. She was like a globe of light in the darkness that she stood.

Her silver hair cascades down her back and silver eyes equally filled with the same sadness. They looked the same but completely different. One contrast of another. Light and Dark. Black and White.

I slowly got on my feet. For some reason, my own heart clenches tightly as I look at these beautiful goddesses. Their pain seems to flow in me. I felt them like I knew their pain. As if it were my own pain.

Why do they look so sad? Why can I feel their pain? Why does my heart hurt too?

Finally, they spoke at once as they looked deep into my eyes with so much hurt. Their voice the same. They spoke the same words. As if they were one, their voices were one. Their hearts were one.

"This is what you wanted. This is what we wanted. Please be strong and hold on. Please. Just a little longer. Endure. Just a little more."

Then I felt a drop of water on my cheek that ran down my face. I put my hand on my cheek and felt the wetness. I felt a sharp pain in my heart as I bend down and put the same hand to form a fist on my chest. It hurts.

"This pain is a cost that we were willing to take." I look up to them. They were now walking towards one another and they did so until the one with the black hair submerged into the one with silver hair. As if she was her shadow.

I squinted my eyes at the scene unfolding me. This was a dream. I was dreaming. But as I looked at her eyes, I knew it was more real than the life I was living. The red blood that flows down her eyes like tears, makes my own eyes tear in sadness. She was hurting as much as I was.

Then another drop falls on my eye, and flows down like it was my own tear.

She closed those silver pairs of eyes and she starts to fade into darkness. "Please endure a little bit more." Then she completely fades into the darkness, but her voice still echoes.

"For us..."

I gasp as I open my eyes to the bright light and shut them right back. My throat hurt. I tried to groan in pain but felt even worse. With my eyes still closed, I brought my equally painful arms up to feel my neck.

Halfway through, something grabs my arm. Or someone. I felt the warm tingles that awakened the butterflies in my stomach. I loved this feeling. I loved this person's touch.

I slowly opened my eyes this time, very much aware of the bright light. But the room was now dim. And through that dim light, I saw the piercing blue eyes of the man who was holding onto my arm.

I tried to tug it free, but he was too strong for me. I felt his thumb, lightly brush against my skin, sending goose bumps all over my body. I loved this feeling but at the same time, I hated that he could make me forget all my pain with just his touch.

His worried blue eyes looks at my face then it flickers to my neck. "It's going to take some time to heal." He says with great difficulty, his eyes slightly getting darker.

I wanted to know what happened, but it seems like I had lost my voice. All I seemed capable of doing was opening and closing them. I breathed out annoyed and tried to sit up. But once again, he held me back down as his hands gently pressed on both my shoulders.

"Don't", was the only thing he said which made me roll my eyes, but I didn't argue. I was in no position to. My whole body was in pain and it seemed like needles were poking through my arm, wires and tubes attached to my body.

I looked around the plain white room. I sighed. I was back again where I first began.

Then I looked back up to him. Those blue eyes of his. This time, he was here. This time, he stayed. And it wasn't just his back that I was seeing. And I loved it. I loved his godlike face. I loved this man. This werewolf. Whatever he was.

I don't know why I felt this strong emotion towards him, but my heart knew as did my soul. I was his even though he may not be mine. I had fallen in love before I even knew the person.

Tears fill my eyes and they soon fell down my temples. His worried eyes looks at my tears and he panics. He lets go of my shoulder and backs two steps his arms stretch forward as if it burned him.

"I-I'm sorry. I hurt you, didn't I?" he growls at himself as he looks down at his own hands.

I wanted to assure him. I wanted to tell him that's not the reason for my tears. I wanted to tell him that I was happy, he was here. That he was looking at me. Talking to me. I was happy.

But this body of mine betrayed me once again. For I couldn't utter a single word or move it to my will. So, I lay there as more tears forms a puddle on the soft pillow underneath me.

His eyes finally looks back at me with so much pain until they turn completely black. "I'm sorry." He whispers before he turns around and leaves me by myself.

Please don't leave me. You didn't hurt me. At least not this time.

I wanted to scream. I wanted to tell him to come back. To hold me. But the only thing my body was capable of was tears. It flowed like a river, continuously without any signs of stopping anytime soon.

The door opens to reveal the black hair of Sam as he awkwardly enters the room. As much as my body allowed, I turn to the other side as I silently cry. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, his pain filled howl, stabbed my heart again and again.

Why does he mean so much to me? I barely know him. Why can I not bear to see his pain? Who was he to me? Who even was he? But the question I wanted answered more than anything right now.

Who was I?