Chapter 28

Third person

Aries turned around with determination that he was going to hold on to the human. To the Althea before him. He was starting to believe that she had returned to him.

He had started to fall for her. He was beginning to feel alive once more. He needed her like he needed air. She was his addiction. One that he couldn't live without. Not anymore.

But the moment he turned around, the scene in front of him made his blood boil with anger. Fury. He let out a furious growl as he leaned his body forward. The blue in his eyes, now completely dark and his canines very visible. His fingernails elongated, ready to strike. To kill.

"Give her back." Aries voice seethed with anger.

The same man, no, the same monster now held onto Althea's neck once more. This time he stood behind her. Dark smoke coming off him, like a cloak it surrounded his body. His sharp claws extended pointing to her bandaged neck that was already seeping with blood.

While she stood frozen, her face pale, full of fear as the tears flowed continuously. She sealed her lips tight to stop the sobs that was bubbling inside her chest, but her body was trembling in horror.

"Aries." She managed to whisper his name before she was pulled back by his hand on her shoulder. But not before a whimper left her lips. Aries growled in anger as the monster of a man started to laugh hysterically.

"Aries." His spoke after his episode of laughter. His voice guttural and inhumane. His black eyes looked at him then down to Althea that he had locked in a tight grip. He started to tsk and shake his head.

"Such a pity Aries." He chuckled darkly. "The goddess has played you again."

He bends down and places his face just above Althea's head and inhales deeply. "She gave you this." He looks back up to Aries. "This fragile human."

He laughs once again, echoing the field that was now starting to crowd with pack members who were very much alert and ready to attack. Some had even shifted into their wolves.

"I wonder what kind of game she's playing." He holds her chin, forcing her face up for Aries to see as Althea squeezes her eyes shut.

"Tell me Aries, is this your blessing? Or your curse?"

He grins as his voice taunts Aries. Aries growls and lunges forward. "Careful now." He grabs Althea's chin roughly with his fingers and hauls her back with him, so she was against his front. His other hand comes up, his claw drawing a thin line across her cheek. Blood starts pooling down. Althea sheds some more tears in pain and soon her tears fell down the cut on her cheek, making her hiss in pain as her own tears stung her.

Aries stops a few steps away from them with his jaws clenched. "Stop." He snarls.

"I swear to goddess, I'll kill you." Aries growls at him, warning him.

He tsk again. "Oh Aries, you have become naïve since I last saw you." Aries furrows his brows in confusion as he tries to think of where he had seen this monster. "Don't tell me you have forgotten me." He chuckles darkly.

"I don't take the goddess' threats anymore. She has left me since. She will never come knocking on my door again." He too snarls in anger as the black smoke flares higher.

"She took everything away from me. She left me with nothing. Not even my own voice." His dark eyes now blaze with fury as his grip on Althea's chin tightens. "And you still think I'd ever take her threats."

"I loathe that woman that you call your goddess. Your so-called mate." He looks down at Althea before he turns to Aries with a smirk. "Or should I say rejected mate."