Chapter 32

Third person

"I choose to roam the earth where he is."

Her hand moves from his fingertips back to hold his wrist. "I only want him. I only ever wanted him." Her voice got softer as she looks at him with so much love. Pure but selfish love.

Her mother looks at her daughter in shock as to what she was now becoming. A goddess of darkness. A dark and ferocious goddess. All she ever wanted was her love. All she ever wished was to be with him. But now that seemed impossible, she was turning into darkness herself.

She never thought that her daughter's heart would become so weak, but it still was strong and stubborn at the same time. She chose to be by him. Even though she was rejected a second time, she still chose to be with him. As did he.

The goddess looks down at Gerald whose body lays on the ground, below her. The root of all the pain, all the tortures in Althea's life, both as the female alpha and the fragile little human. But his grey eyes were completely vacant now.

"I forgave you for what you did to me. My daughter forgave you for what you did to her. But there's no more forgiveness left to give you, child." The goddess speaks softly but with anger.

She could never forgive this child of hers, not after what he had done with his life on the earth. Forgiveness was not in her heart and certainly not in her daughter's.

Althea raises her head at him, fury in her eyes.

"I curse you again, Gerald. I was blind to think for a second that your soul was seeking for redemption." She shakes her head as darkness seeps into her. "No. There's no better place for you than hell. I was wrong to believe otherwise." Her voice ice sharp and cold.

She could never forgive this man. This monster.

"Go and suffer eternity in hell. Burn. You will never be able to rise again. Take this as both my blessing and my curse because if I wanted to, I would have skinned you alive and left your body to rot here for the insects to feed onto. For eternity." She exhales angrily as the wind around her howls angrily, whipping her hair away, letting her dangerous persona roam the air for him to feel.

"You would have wished that you never met a devil of a goddess like me." Her words burns his soul as his body too gives up, only for his soul to heft the punishment for his sins.

Then she looks at the lifeless body of a wolf. Of Alex.

"Find your path back to me." She whispers, guiding his soul to her.

Unable to stop her daughter, the goddess closes her own pool of silver and calls out to Destiny herself. Neither could she watch her daughter's suffering nor could she watch a goddess turn into a devil.

"If you don't want to turn the goddess of life into darkness and create an imbalance on heaven, I suggest you appear before her, Destiny. You don't want to cause a havoc on heaven now, do you?" She whispers gently.

As soon as the goddess was done with her words, Destiny emerges through a globe of light. Her long wavy blond hair cascades down her back and her luminous pale skin glows brightly. And like the other goddess, she too wore a long white flowy dress.

When her icy blue eyes find Althea, of what she had turned into, she sucks in a breath, horrified at the view of Althea in front of her.

An ending of the game that she had decided to play with them both. She had forced the goddess to the dark side.

She floated her body so that she too was in front of Althea and beside goddess Hela. "What have I done?" A whisper so soft leaves her lips as she takes in Althea's appearance.

Half of her body had already turned dark. Her dark and silver eyes looked down at her lover, her hands stretched out to hold onto him, even though it was physically impossible right now.

"Althea." Destiny spoke louder this time. Althea snapped her furious eyes up to look at Destiny. Her face broke as she saw who had called out to her. Once again, her lips starts to tremble. Her cheeks that already had two streaks of red, starts pouring  an endless river of blood.

"Please." She begs her as she once again turns to look at her mate who was still grieving for the lifeless human in his arms but was somehow holding onto the divine her at the same time.

"Althea." Destiny once more calls her, getting Althea's attention. Althea looks back up to meet her blue eyes. "Althea, I can only do so much for you now. I'm sorry for all that I have done. For making your path so difficult. I'm sorry-"

But Althea wouldn't listen to her anymore. She couldn't. 

Her apologies meant nothing. If even Destiny couldn't fulfil her wishes and let her be with her love, she didn't want to hear any more of what she had to say.

"So, you mean even you can't help me be with him?" Althea's low voice comes out as dark and dangerous and her black eyes starts to burn. The darkness seeps into her heart and soon it pumps it all over her body.

The air around her howls once again and fiercely whips her hair away from her face. The darkness comes off her and hovers over her body. It floats around her like a halo of an angel, almost inseperable. Althea bites her lips and a line of red blood trickles down her chin.

Destiny shakes her head, not wanting to anger the dark goddess anymore, stopping her from completely turning into one. "There's a way. I can help you. But-"

"But?"