Chapter 15

Althea Garcia Hela Silvermoon

It had been two days since Alex left. But somehow, I missed his presence. Why was a man that I barely knew made me feel this way? Why do I seek for protection in him?

Now that I sit on the hallow of the tree in the middle of the woods, I think about the imaginary man in my dreams. And there's also this mystery man that I'm supposed to meet. Noah keeps on pestering about it more often nowadays. Something about him not being himself anymore.

It makes me feel sad, hearing Noah say that he was hurting inside. For some reason, I wanted to be there to comfort him. But I don't even know who he was. It had been more or less a week now, and I still had no idea who he was. I wonder how I never got to see him.

My eyes focus on the clearing of the woods, wondering if I had ever been here. This place reminds me so much of what I might have lost. Did I ever come here? I don't know. That seems to be the only answer to all my questions.

Then I looked further into the treeline. Was he somewhere around here? If I looked hard, would I find him?

I want to find him. I want to know who he is. Just thinking about him, makes my heart go on overdrive like it knows him. And trust me, it does know a lot. The only thing is that it doesn't want me to know. Or that I'm too deaf to hear whatever it's saying.

A loud feral growl makes me stand on my feet and lean back on the tree ready to run any moment. What was that?

It makes my heart thump faster and louder. It was coming from the other side of the woods in the direction of the house. Who was it? It sounded murderous. Then I hear it again, closer this time. But now the growl only ignites my curiosity. I want to hear more of it, even if it's just growling. It reminded me of the time when I heard the sorrowful howling.

I want to see the face behind this growl. I want to see the man that I was supposed to. I keep my eyes dead on the treeline where the sound was coming from.

Then I felt his presence. The same man. At the infirmary. The field. And now the woods. So far, the only thing I have seen was his back.

More determined, I walk few steps into the clearing and stare into the woods without blinking. No, I don't want to miss this chance again. I want to see him. I need to-

My heart stops beating.

He walks past me but his minty scent roamed the air as he strides onto the other side of the clearing. "Matt take her inside." His deep brutal voice brings goose bumps onto my skin.

This place. Him. It bought a sense of déjà vu. Have I been here before? Have I seen his face before? If I had, how could I ever forget that face?

Thump. Thump. Thump.

My heart starts beating so hard. I was afraid that it couldn't hold it together for long at this rate. I want to turn around and look at him once more, but my feet are glued to the ground. I can't move. I want to. I want to run after him. I want to call out to him.

But what do I call him? His name. I know it. It's stuck at the back of my throat, but it refuses to leave my lips. All that escapes, is a breath of air.

Matt is talking to me. He's saying something but his voice is mute to me. All I hear is my beating heart thumping loudly. Then I feel him pull me away from him. No. Please, let me see more of him. Just another glimpse.

But my soul seemed to have left my body as it was unresponsive of me. The only thing it allowed me to do was look into the trees that he disappeared into as Matt dragged me further away.

I lay on my bed as I once again looked at the ceiling. He was huge like the rest of the men here but even more so than them. His body was bulging with muscles. Those sandy blond hair whipped back as he marched towards me. His piercing blue eyes was the only thing that was on my mind right now.

I knew him. My soul screamed at me for forgetting him. This man. I saw pure rage in his eyes, but I still wanted to drown deep in it. Those anger was not for me. I kept telling myself.

But why was I effected this much? Did he even see me? I was standing right there, so he must have seen me. Even though, he walked past me without any acknowledgement. It stung me a little to think that, but I let it go.

And then sleep took over me as it haunts me again. This time the mystery man added to my list of painful but sweet nightmare. No matter how much I called out. Neither of them replies.

Because I don't think it was my lips that spoke, it was my soul. They did not hear it as I did not understand it. But this time, I chased after the imaginary man without a face as he starts to fade into the light. I run hard. I'm close. Almost there.

Just a stretch of my arm and I'll reach him. Just a little more. Happiness fills me as I think I grabbed his arms, but he was gone. My hands grab onto the empty space where he once was.

This time I cried. In my dream that have now become a nightmare, I cried. I cried so hard that I didn't even know that I had actually shed some tears even in reality.

The last thing that I remember is the piercing blue eyes before all I can see is the vacant darkness that fills my sleep. Finally, at last.

But I was wrong to think that this was the end. No there was more to this rollercoaster of nightmare. And I became the only victim of this nightmare. Only me.