Chapter 31

This is not the end!!! Well not yet!!

Here you go one more chapter. Enjoy ❤️

Third person

Light traces of fingers and a slight tingle bought her back down to the earth once again. She opened her eyes to look into a worried dark eyes of Aries. How she wanted to touch his face, wipe those tears off his face. But she couldn't move this body of hers.

She only had so much life left in her. So, she tried to do the only thing that she was now capable of. She stretched her lips as a smile formed on it. She was happy to be in his arms like this. Even if she wished the situation was different. She was in his arms regardless.

She closed her eyes once again, but Aries nudged her slightly, making her aware of him. He wasn't ready to lose her.

No, he wasn't going to let it happen another time. His dark eyes finally freed of his anger turned to his own blue. He caressed her cheeks softly. He was sure of the words that he spoke. His heart. His soul knew it.

"I love you."

He whispered as he bent down to put his lips on hers. He loved her like he had loved Althea. He wanted her like he had wanted Althea. He was hers and she was his. Once again tears escaped his closed eyelids only to fall upon Althea's face who blinked her eyes open.

Aries pulled himself higher as he looked down only to find that her smile was wider. She was happy. Hearing his confession made her heart to start beating again, even though it was weak. But she knew that it was too late.

This weak human body of hers had taken more damage than it could take. But before she once again, this time forever, left him, she wanted to tell him that she too loved him very much. That she would always be watching over him.

Like she always did.

Even though the heaven forbade their love and destiny once again separated them, she wanted him to know that in her heart, he will always be there. He was irreplaceable. He was like the blood that ran in her veins. She needed him to keep her heart beating.

Her smile somehow turned sad at her loss again. Nevertheless, she was content that he too loved her, regardless of the body that her soul resided in. Unable to keep her eyes open any longer, she finally let them shut to his teary face and his mute voices.

Even though it broke her heart it made her happy leaving like this. Because this time, she left knowing that his heart too, only beat for hers.

She felt her soul rise from her human body. The true form of her being. A goddess. She looked back at the life she had once again let go of. She watched her lifeless human body that lay on his arms as her head plopped to the side.

Aries turned to face the heavens as he cried out. Matt and Tray too, faced the sky and let out a mourning howl, followed by the rest. The pack realised that they had once again failed to protect their Luna.

Natalie held on to Noah as they both cried out so did Evelyn. She had lost her first friend. A true friend.

The entire land now cried for her again.

Yet again, they lost their Luna without even getting to truly know her.

Althea felt their sadness as the entire land mourned for her. There was nothing she could do for these people or for her love that sat on the ground, broken. Tears spilled his beautiful blue eyes that was only filled with so much pain.

She floated towards him, knowing that he couldn't see her. The divine her.

She dipped her body down so her lower half was floating higher in the sky, but her face was right in front of his face as he looked up to the sky. Her silver eyes flicker between his blue before she brought her hands out to lightly brush against his face. Aries closed his eyes upon her touch, almost as if he felt that.

Aries in fact, felt the little sparks that ignited as if she had caressed his cheeks. He slightly nuzzled his face on her hands, wanting to feel more of it. Even though, he assumed that it was just his imagination.

The wind blew gently as it made Althea's silver hair, brush against his face. And as if he could smell her, he took a deep breath in. A sad smile formed on her lips as she took his face in for one last time.

Even though destiny didn't allow it, Althea knew that this beautiful man was still hers. No matter what they said, he was made for her even if it was just to test her. A pair of blood tears streaks down her face and lands on Aries' cheeks.

"Althea..."

He whispers as his own tears falls to join hers, making it seem like he too cried the river of blood. He took his hand off the human's face to the space above as if to feel Althea's face.

But his hand only brushed past the void where Althea's face was. But that didn't stop the tingles from flowing into Aries' fingertips. Right that moment he knew that she was there. So, he moved his hand back to the void where he felt the sparks.

It shocked Althea that even though Aries was unable to see her, he could still feel her. He called out to her. As if he saw her, he too had his hand cup her face.

Althea bought her own hands to hold onto his wrist even though it just seemed to pass through. But she still held onto it as if she was holding onto him. She leaned her head on hand and turned her face so she could kiss his palm.

She finally raised her head up to look at his face, those beautiful blue eyes of his still shut. One of her hand come up to cup his face.

"Goodbye, my love."

She floats higher as her hand gently brush against his forearm, his wrists, his palms. His fingertips.

But she stops there unable to let go. She bites her lips hard, as they tremble. She was incapable of leaving this man.

Just then the goddess, Hela Silvermoon, appears before her daughter. Althea's eyes searches her mother's face as her broken voice pleads her again.

"Mother, please." Then she looks down at her love. "I cannot. I just can't."

She looks back up to her mother, a sob breaking through her lips. "Even though I said I would be fine, I am not. I cannot. I am nothing without him. My heart doesn't beat without him. Please mother. Just one more time."

Althea begs the goddess as the blood continuously flows down her eyes. Upon seeing her daughter's pain, the goddess' heart too breaks but she shakes her head, sadly.

"I have tried everything I could. Now it's up to Destiny herself. If she allows it, you can be with him again."

Althea cries feeling defeated. Even though she was a goddess, there was nothing she could do to be with the man she loved.

What was this divinity without him? Heaven was a hell without him.

Suddenly she stops crying and the sky above darkens. She clenches her jaws as she looks at her mother.

Slowly the darkness starts to sip into her heart as black ink completely covers one of her silver eyes and a horn starts to grow out of one side of her head. She was angry. With the heavens. With herself.

If she couldn't be with the one, she desired, that she loved, what was the use of being a goddess. An almighty without any powers.

Her body starts to shake in fury as the blood in her boils. "If I can't have him, I don't want this."

She grits through her teeth. "If I can't be with him, I don't want to be a deity. I don't want to be anyone's goddess."

The air around her howls as half her silver hair turns dark black.

Its prediction was coming to life. For it had tried to warn her before, but she was too blinded by his love to hear it. And once again she was oblivious to any other voices.

Like this very moment.