Downtown Pt.1

Damian

I kept going, running out of the church and nearly tripping down the steps. I pulled off the wizard robe in exchange for the jacket that had rotted in the back of the musty closet me and him shared.

The leather was stiff but it still melded to me, like a second skin.

I peeled down the street, running a hand through my hair that was finally long enough for me to push back.

I didnt really care where I ended up. The sun was dropping quickly from the sky being replaced by a gaudy full moon bedazzled with an armada of stars. I wanted it to be loud, I wanted to break rules, break things.

I slipped into and info center, the streets of England still completely foreign. It was still useless, only pointing me to resorts and spas in the area. I needed, like, Kesha song kinda shit. Party at a rich dudes house, hole in the wall kinda wild. This was easier in America where I could just go to any beach or abandoned lot and find a group of people to meld into. England, again, disappointed me.

It was working though, trying to find somewhere to let loose kept me from thinking. So I kept going. The farther from the church the better.

"Hey hot stuff, you look lost." A woman, maybe 22, with bright pink hair said from inside an even brighter pink convertible.

"Uh, kind of. More just lacking a destination."

"S'all about the journey babe, I can give you a ride to the city."

She didn't seem like the type to kidnap a 17 yearold who could easily over power her, plus she was cute, so I agreed and ended up driving through town in a hot pink car listening to some hip hop album. She did her mascara in the drivers side window when she spoke up again, "What's your story?"

"Well I guess I should tell you my name first."

"Mines Blue." She said.

"Your... name is Blue?"

"That's what they put on the birth certificate."

I shrugged, "I'm Damian."

"You the anti-christ or sumfin?" She raised her brow.

I laughed, "Totally not the first time I've heard that one."

"Why not just name you Lucifer and call it a day?" She continued to tease.

"Where exactly are we going? I don't have any money or anything." I told her.

"Money? That's an old world commodity," she giggled, "I've gotta get my brother and then we are heading to London, love."

I placed my hand out of the window, feeling the movement of air under my hand.

"You get broken up with? You've got the look." She asked, turning her head away from the road to look at me.

"Can't really say we broke up, we were never together or anything." I remarked, crossing my arms.

"What's her favorite color?" She asked.

"No idea."

"Favorite song?"

"Dunno."

"What's her birthday?"

"Got me again."

She slapped the back of my head, "Why are you sad about a girl you barely know, then? There's a billion fish in the sea and your sad about a probably plain ass Jane who has the personality of a brown paper bag."

"Damn, well, he is kind of a stick up the ass kind of guy. I know his favorite book!"

"Bible?"