Ch 33: Honeymoon (Ace)

I rolled over in bed, throwing an arm around Peter and snuggling closer against his bare chest. "Morning beautiful. How's it feel to be a married man?" I mumbled, kissing him. His eyes fluttered open and he gave me a soft smile. "Hello my dearest darling husband. It feels absolutely wonderful. I'd sit up to give you a hug but I'm a bit sore after last night," he said, stretching with a wince. "Ooh, no, I'm a lot sore."

I laughed, swinging my legs over the side of the bed and pushing myself to my feet. "Shut up and stop being a baby. Last night was fun and you know damn well you enjoyed it." He grabbed my arm, pulling me back to the mattress. "I did enjoy last night. In fact, I enjoyed it so much I think we should do it again," he purred. "Oh what, like now?" I asked, feeling my heart starting to race already. "Ohhhh, yeah, like now," he moaned, climbing on top of me and grabbing the sides of my face, kissing me passionately.

"Oh, yes, yes, yes!" I cried, grabbing his hips and pulling him closer.

He laid on top me a while later, face red, legs still entwined with mine. I kissed him on the nose, grinning. "Mm, now I've worked up an appetite. How's breakfast sound?" Peter ran a hand along my shoulders, fingers moving up toward my face before he pulled me into a quick kiss. "It sounds delicious. But not yet. I just wanna lay in bed with you for a bit longer." "I like that plan."

"Mm I really wanted to be the first ones married," he mumbled after a pause, resting his head against my shoulder. I giggled, kissing him on the nose. "Shh, first is the worst, second is the best. And if you wanted to get married sooner you should've proposed sooner." He snuggled closer against me, so happy he was practically purring. "You're the one who proposed to me, dearest." "Oh! Well you should've been off of drugs sooner so I could've proposed earlier."

"Got me there," he mumbled, before letting out a contented sigh and rolling off of me, nestling against my side. I slipped an arm around his waist, pulling him closer and kissing him on the forehead. "I'm glad you got out of that. I missed you."

"I missed you too," he whispered back, letting out a yawn. We laid silently next to each other for a long time, happy with nothing more than each other's company. Peter let out another yawn, stretching, before giving me a smile. "We're married, you know. Isn't that crazy? We're really married," he said softly. I nodded, wrapping myself a bit more around him. "We are married. We really are. You're my husband."

"Mmhm. George Peter John Criscuola-Frehley. That's me! And you're Ace Paul Daniel Criscuola-Frehley."

"Shit now I have as many names as you," I teased, making his face turn pink. "Oh, shut up. You're the one who suggested we hyphenate our last names, not me!" "Well I couldn't pick one! I like you being Peter Criss and I like me being Ace Frehley so why not combine both?"

"Good point," he murmured, letting out a yawn. Hooligan jumped up onto the bed, arching his back with a tiny cat yawn before curling up beside Peter, who gave him the softest smile, scratching him behind the ears. "You are such a good boy," he mumbled. "The goodest boy. The greatest cat on earth, you know that?" Hooligan gave me a glare and I flipped him off.

Peter bolted upright, looking at me with wide eyes. "Dammit! If we count Bruce and Eric we were the third ones married!" he cried. I burst into laughter, pulling him back to the bed. "We just won't count them. I can't remember the rhyme for third." Giggling, Peter snuggled closer against me. "Good idea. Anyway I'm hungry you wanna make breakfast now?"

I kissed him again. "Of course I'll cook breakfast. Omelets sound good?"

He let out a yawn, rolling over and pulling the blankets over himself. "Sounds heavenly, babe." Kissing him again, I jumped out of bed, stretching with a yawn and pulled on a pair of sweatpants so I wasn't cooking completely naked. Whistling to myself, I set a pan on the stove, pulling out some eggs and other stuff and making an omelet.

After putting it on a plate and grabbing two mugs of coffee I walked back into our bedroom, jumping on the bed next to Peter and shaking him awake. "Up and at 'em, my dearest! I finished breakfast!" He sat up with a smile, leaning against me and slipping his arm around my waist. "I truly do not deserve to be married to you," he purred. "Hush, you are a doll and I love you and there's no one I'd rather be married to."

We ate breakfast together, pretty much feeding each other bites, before Peter finished off the omelet and flopped back against the pillows, looking up at me with a smile. "Damn how did I end up with you?" "What?! You're saying that like it's a bad thing!" I cried. He laughed, grabbing my shoulders and pulling me to the mattress, kissing me. "I'm just surprised that you picked me over everyone else! Like you chose me over Paul? Me with all my issues and all that?"

I laid next to him, shaking my head. "Peter Frehley, you listen to me. I love you, love you with my whole heart, for better or for worse! We said that yesterday, don't you remember? For better or for worse, in sickness and in health, til death do us part! There's no one else on this planet I'd rather marry. That's why I proposed to you! You're a great person and I adore you and you love me!"

He gave me a wide smile, eyes filling with happy tears. "I do, I do love you, I really, really do," he purred. "And I promise I'm gonna do my best to be the best husband possible to you." I pulled him upright, holding his hand and dragging him out of bed. "I know you will! And if you mess up sometimes, that's okay! I'll mess up a lot too. We'll work together to be good for each other! Now let's go take a shower."

"Together this time?" he asked, giving me a wink. "Absolutely."