Ch 64: A Married Man (Ace)

I sat at the table, leaning back in my chair with a sigh. "Babe these chairs suck," I muttered. Peter looked up from the stove, raising an eyebrow. "Oh?" "Yep. They're super uncomfortable." He rolled his eyes, going back to dinner. "Well I'm so sorry your cute butt isn't comfortable with basic chairs," he said simply.

"Mm shut up. We're going to go shopping tomorrow and get some new chairs. As well as like groceries and stuff." "Where are we gonna go?" he asked, grabbing the two plates and sitting across from me. "How about IKEA?" I asked, taking a bite. "Oh nice job on dinner love it's delicious."

Peter grimaced, giving me a sad look. "Babe not IKEA! Any time you go there you're stuck in the maze of furniture for like five hours!" he protested. "Besides, we don't need to get new chairs! These are fine!" My eyes widened and I gave him a smile. "Ooh! Hey Peter what do you think of moving? Like to a house or something maybe? Or even just a bigger apartment? It'd be nice to have a living room that's not the same room as the kitchen."

"That's...not a bad idea, actually! It would make everything seem more official, like we were really a married couple! It would be fun! Not the shopping at IKEA part though. That always sucks."

Later that night, I was lying in bed, still excited about the idea of moving into a real house.

"Hey babe I'm gonna make some drinks, do you want anything?" Peter called from the kitchen. "Nah I'm okay, you go wild though!" I shouted back, nestling deeper under the blankets and turning the page in my book. I lost track of time as I kept reading with Rags curled up on my chest until Peter came stumbling into the room, clutching a bottle of vodka and scaring the kitten away.

Setting down the bottle, he jumped onto the bed, immediately snuggling up next to me and kissing me on the neck. "Ace, ooh hey Ace babe you're looking reallll hot right now, oh shit, damn you are looking really hot," he said, giving me a huge smile. I looked at his incredibly flushed face and raised an eyebrow.

"Peter--" I started, but he cut me off. "OOooh babe I love it when you call me that," he moaned. I laughed, kissing him. "It's literally your name! Anyway, how drunk are you?" He grinned, kissing me for awhile before answering. "Very in love with my very sexy husband."

"Lucky for you I'm also very in love with you," I said with a smile. His face lit up and he wrapped his legs around me, climbing on top of me and pushing me against the pillows. "Oh my gosh Ace I just had the best idea! You want a kid let's try and make one right now, let's try it!" he said eagerly. I burst into laughter, shaking my head. "Oh Peter you are so, so drunk right now. I'm not going to do that with you, I don't think you even remember how to."

"No I do! You just uhm..." He trailed off, brow furrowed in concentration, and I laughed, gently pushing him off of me and giving him a kiss. "Go to sleep, doll. You're very drunk."

He ended up falling asleep with his head on my chest like a minute later and I just kept reading and let him sleep.

All of Peter's drinking had caught up with him by the morning. I rolled over in bed, kissing him on the forehead. "Up and at 'em, baby doll, we got places to be and things to do!" I said cheerfully. He shook his head, nestling deeper under the blankets. "See I would make a cheeky remark like the only thing I wanna be doing is you but I'm way too hungover to even think about that," he mumbled.

I giggled, spooning him. "Well, I'm not surprised. How much of last night do you remember?" I teased. "Almost nothing. What happened?" he asked with a yawn. I grinned, burying my face in his shoulder. "You came into our room and told me I looked really hot and suggested that since I want a baby we should try and make one." "Oh! Did we?" he asked after a pause. "Nope, I said you were too drunk to even know how to do that and you proved my point by passing out. Not to mention obviously it'll never work!"

He giggled, snuggling closer against me. "If I didn't have a raging headache I'd say we give it a try this morning just for funsies," he said with a smile. "Oh,shut up. But you keep doing this, you keep talking about adopting a kid but then nothing ever comes of it. Really, what's your stance on the matter?"

Peter sighed, closing his eyes. "I told you, I want to wait a few years. I like having fun with you, and I want that for a few more years before I need to take on the responsibilities of a father. I mean I can't get drunk if I have a baby to take care of, you know? So just like...two or three years, that's all." I nodded, giving him a kiss. "Alright, it's a deal. I do want to be on the same page as you, and I'm okay with waiting a bit. But seriously, we do need to get up. We're going shopping!"

He let out a groan, burying his head under the pillows. "Noo I can't get up! My head hurts." "Then take some aspirin and stop being such a baby. Come on, we need to get groceries. We can wait on IKEA though, until we have a new apartment and until you're not hungover."

"Gosh I really am living the married life," he teased, rolling out of bed. "Shut up you know you love me and the married life!" I snapped, punching him in the arm. He laughed, giving me a kiss. "Damn right I do. I guess I'll go take a cold shower and see if I'm feeling a bit more alive after that. Love you Ace my darling."

"Love you too!"