Ch 32: Wedding Bells (Peter)

I took a deep breath, trying to get my hands to stop shaking. This was supposed to be the happiest day of my life and I was full-on freaking out. The music started and the doors swung open and Ace walked toward me down the aisle, smiling widely and looking more beautiful than I had ever seen him. I barely heard the music, barely saw anything other than him, so happy he was glowing.

He drew to a halt at the end of the aisle, walking up the steps and standing next to me. "Hey." "Hi," I whispered back, grinning just as much as he was. The officiant cleared his throat, looking at the audience. "Family and friends, we are here on this magnificent and beautiful day to celebrate one of life's greatest moments – we are all present to give recognition to the worth and beauty of love – and to publicly witness the creation of an outward marriage bond that Ace and Peter have already been creating inwardly. Their love and intention has created this marriage and we are gathered here today to join in the celebration and acknowledgment of that bonding."

JoJo walked down the aisle, carrying the rings with a look of extreme concentration on his face, doing everything he could to make sure they didn't fall. Eventually he made it to the steps, holding out the pillow with the rings and giving us a wide smile, looking just like a tiny Ace.

The officiant turned to me, nodding, and I looked at Ace, taking his hands in mine and picking up one of the rings. 

"I choose you, Ace Frehley, to be my husband, as my friend and love. On this day I affirm the relationship we have enjoyed, looking to the future and to keep and strengthen it. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph. Together, we will dream, and live as one while respecting one another, we will stumble but restore each other, we will share all things. I will cherish, comfort, and encourage you, be open with you, and stay with you as long as I shall live," I said, giving him a smile and slipping the ring on his finger.

Beaming, Ace picked up his ring, turning to me. "With this ring, I give you my promise that from this day forward, you shall not walk alone. May my heart be your shelter and my arms be your home. I, Ace Frehley, take you, Peter Criss, to be no other than yourself. Loving what I know of you, trusting what I do not yet know, I will respect your integrity and have faith in your abiding love for me, through all our years, and in all that life may bring us," he said softly, slipping the ring on my finger and holding my hand.

The officiant smiled at us. "Do you, Paul Daniel Frehley, take George Peter John Criscuola, to be your lawfully wedded husband, in good times and bad, for better or for worse, for rich or for poor, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, til death do you part?" Ace nodded, looking at me. "I do." "And do you, George Peter John Criscuola, take Paul Daniel Frehley, to be your lawfully wedded husband, in good times and bad, for better or for worse, for rich or for poor, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, til death do you part?" I took a deep breath, looking into Ace's eyes, getting lost in them for a moment before smiling, heart pounding against my ribs. "I do."

"Then I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss the groom."

I squeezed Ace's hand, slipping an arm around his waist and, closing my eyes, kissed him. We stood locked in our embrace as the guests started to cheer and applaud. But I didn't really hear it, I just held him, feeling my lips pressed against his, taken back to the movie theater where we had our first ever date, when I first found out he loved me, and felt happy tears welling up in my eyes. We broke apart, beaming at each other, before I grabbed his hand and we ran down the aisle.

Once we made it to the reception hall I leaned against him, holding his hand. "Damn, babe, we did it," I said with a smile. He grinned back, so excited he was shaking, before kissing me. "We did. We actually did. Now cut the cake, I'm starving!"