Chapter 2

Kara's prov,

     Waking up from my nightmares as always. You would think after 10 years I wouldn't wake up scared and sweating. But I do. It's 4:30 am I better get ready to make breakfast and start the day.

     I have long curly reddish brown hair, I'm only 5' tall. Pretty short. And skin and bones. I am only allowed bread and water. Scars litter my body except for my face. And I got all of them between 6 and 10. No one knows but I was able to talk to my wolf at 6 and shifted when I was 10. Strange I know. Usually you shift and are able to talk to them at 16. My wolf's name is Mia. She is the best.

Flashback::::: Age 6

   I just got done cleaning up the kitchen. My head hurts.

   Aiden and Aaron said "What are you still doing here? You are such a stupid little bitch!" They started hitting and kicking me. "Go to your cell now before you get it worse!"

    Limping down to my "room"  I laid down my head felt like it had a ton of bricks on it. I silently cried. Knowing that if anyone hears me I will get punished again.  After awhile of the pain getting worse it finally let up.

     "Hi Kara!" Something said.

     "W..who said th..that!" I asked scared.

     "Calm down. I am your wolf.  My name is Mia." She said.

     "But how? I am only 6."

     "I don't know.  But I am here and I won't leave you." She said calm and loving.

     We have been family and bestfriends ever since.

     Flashback:::::: Age 10

    Pain from my family and pack whipping me with a silver whip and blood on my cell floor is all I can feel and see.

     "Are you ok Kara? I'm trying to help with the pain." Mia said.

     " I'm going to be o....." Just then my arm broke.  I held in the scream. It hurt. Then my leg broke... "Whaaat iissss going......... ooon". I asked Mia.

     "We are shifting.  I am sorry little one." She said. "It won't last long".

    It felt like forever. But when the pain from shifting stopped my pain from the whipping I got earlier wasn't there either.

     I looked down at my paws and saw really dark blue almost black fur with silver dots, kinda like star's.  Also my claws were a silver color, not white like normal wolves.  I didn't have access to a mirror so that's all I could see.

     Flashback Over::::::

     Ever since then I have been immune to silver and wolfsbane. Mia has to slow our healing so no one figures it out. I don't think they would they aren't smart enough...

    I better finish breakfast. As I sat the last plate down I was slapped.  My mom yelled "what are you doing here still you stupid bitch?"

     I looked down and hurried out of the dining room. I have not talked to anyone but Mia since I was 7. Why should I it just makes them beat me worse.

     I went to the kitchen to finish cleaning.  After that I clean the rest of the pack house and do laundry while everyone is at work or school. My stupid family and pack think I don't know how to read or do anything else. Jokes on them I have already graduated and am taking online business classes. My goal is to start a building or buy one and run it myself. Yes I do have a stash of money. It's amazing how much money they leave laying around and in their pockets when I'm doing laundry. So I keep it. They don't miss it and I think I deserve something out of everything they do.  Mia told me to a couple of days after she came to me. She even helped me find a great place to hide it. She's great.