Chapter 8

Kara's prov

     I have packed everything I have. I only keep the minimum of items.  When you move around a lot it helps. I have 2 suitcases of clothes.  Then normal bathroom necessities. Pack them into my dark blue SUV and we will be off.

     "I'm HUNGRY " Mia screamed.

"You're always hungry bitch." I replied.

     "But I want to eat at Lola's dinner one last time!" She pouted.  "PLeeeaaassseee!"

  "Aagghhhh. Fine. But we have to be fast. I have a not so good feeling about this." I am irritated.

    "I won't even chew!" She smarted off.

     Omg! Did she just say that. She is going to be the death of me. Not the soulless, not our ex-pack,  and not the council,  but my own wolf.

     We get to the dinner it's on free territory.  The only reason I agreed.  The food is amazing! Owned by a older human woman nam....

     "Kara! Your here. I missed you. It's been a week.  You never go more than a day or two without my cooking." Lola said hugging me.

     Lola the owner is the only person I have let close  to me. She is in her late 50s. Graying hair, about 5'5", sweet and stubborn. I never open up but she pushed at me a lot. She doesn't know my past but she does know it was terrible. Since she is human I don't say anything about wolfs.

     "Things came up and got busy. I did miss you. " I said. I feel bad but I am not going to mention I am leaving. It's for the best.  She leads me to my usual table where I can see everyone inside and who comes and goes.

     "Steak with a mix of onion rings and french fries?" Lola said smiling.

     "Yes please." I replied.

   Mia jumping all around was screaming in my head "I want two steaks! I want two fucking steaks!"

     "Mia stop damn. She always finds the biggest steak to fix us. Now shut the fuck up!" I said with a pounding headache. What shocked me next was Lola putting my Mt. Dew and a couple aspirin. I looked at her weirdly.

   Lola took a deep breath looking nervous.  "Dear, I am not just a human.  I  am a seer." I am shocked, dumbfounded I have no clue what I am.  "I saw you coming. I can only see tiny bits of a person's past, not much at all. But I can see auras and tell if you're evil good etc. I am a seer." She stopped and let me soak up what she said.

    "ROSE!" I hear a little voice say and the patter of little feet on the floor.  I looked up and saw Zane! All I can think is SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT.  I have to get out of here. I stood up and started for the door but Lola grabbed my wrist and Zane wrapped his arms around my legs.

     "I fond ooo! Miss oooo. Oooo left no byby." He said sadly.

     "Yes well I need to go little one!" I started heading to the door to have it blocked by the alpha and a couple of warriors.

   "Kara we just want to talk that is it. No one will hurt you or send you back to your ex-pack." Lola said.

   "I no wet oooo et hurt. I bet em up!" Zane said glaring at everyone. It was cute.

   "Please sit." The alpha asked/commanded.

     We sat and I just noticed the dinner was empty except for us. The alpha continued "I am  Alpha Rowan.  You saved my mate, son and daughter. Why?"

     I raised my eyebrow. "Why???? Why not?" I paused then went on "I may be a rouge. But I'm not soulless. I don't trust packs but it doesn't mean an individual deserves to be torn apart. Especially babies and pregnant women! I hate soulless a hell of a lot more than I hate packs. With the exception of my ex-pack." I whispered that last bit.

    "You ever contemplate joining another pack?" Alpha asked.

     "No." Short and simple reply.

  Everyone had dumbfounded looks. And it was way too quiet.  So I continued. "Look my past in a pack sucked. I won't take a chance."

     "It couldn't have been bad enough not to trust other packs. No pack is bad enough to hate all packs!" And that lady's and gentlemen is one of the fucking warriors talking out of his ass!

     "You don't know me! You didn't see or hear what the fuck they did. You have no fucking clue what I went through.  So shut your mouth before I make you!" I was fuming.

   "Ryder enough!" Alpha said glaring at him. "I am sorry about him. The council wants to talk to you. A couple of them are on their way to my pack and will be there tomorrow.  All I know is they want you to join a pack or they may grant you lone wolf status. Please come to my pack and stay to talk to them.  My mate wants to see you also. They are still in the hospital."

  Mia was watching intently. "We can trust them... well keep an eye on warriorass. But the alpha is saying everything with honesty no deceit at all."

   "Are you sure Mia? I would hate to have to kill a whole lot of people on my way out of their pack." I asked.

   "As much fun as that sounds.  It wouldn't be much of a fight and you can tell he speaks the truth." Said miss know it all.  "I heard that!" I had to giggle.

  "Fine but I will warn you if it is a trap, setup, or something else.  I'm not responsible for defending myself." I replied to Alpha Rowan.

  He smiled really big. "Follow us."

  We drove for 20 to 30 minutes. Finally got to their pack house. We got out of our vehicles and I looked around. The mansion is 5 stories high.  Rather big, beautiful and pristine. I head to the rear area of my SUV but stop when a girl squeals. I look and  see a woman about 28 or 30 run to that Ryder Warrior Ass. She has brownish red curly hair. ......

It can't be. It better not be.  If it i........

"Kara my mate wants to see you." Alpha Rowan said.

And as soon as he said my name the woman flipped around looking around.