🔆Day Off🔆 (fluff)

"I'm sorry. Yes I know. Yes." My boyfriend coughs into the phone. He's lying in bed with a high fever and a terrible cough. He has a pause before saying goodbye.

"Agency?"

"Yep, I called in sick."

"How's your fever?" I place my hand on his forehead, it becomes hot quickly. "Ah shit it's still bad."

"Really I'm fine. I'll just work it off."

"You're being stupid, Keigo. As long as I'm here you're staying in bed." I stroke his hair and he closes his eyes.

"You're treating me like a baby." He mumbles.

"You're just as weak as one. I have to go to work, I'll be back in a few hours there's food in the fridge you can microwave. Drink lots of water. I love you so much." I get up from my spot next to the bed, I walk to the door and run out locking our door.
☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎
"You still decided to come?" My best friend asks as we walk down the street on patrol. She's mentioning Keigo or Hawks as everyone knows him as.

"Yeah." I pick at my finger nails.

"You're doing it again." She places her hand on top of mine stopping me from ripping my cuticle.

"I know, I'm nervous." My eyes wander around looking for any inconvenience that we have to resolve.

Her hand rests on my shoulder and she spins me around to face her. She gives me a reassuring look, "Hey if you need the day off to be with him I totally understand. I'll cover for you, I can get someone to fill for you if needed." Solemnly nodding my head and thanking her. But I decline, I know he's stronger than this. We stayed on patrol arresting two thugs and that's it. The sun starts to set while I log out.

I pull my phone out and dial his number. "Hawks😚"

"Hey." His voice is weak and shaky.

"Hey Keigo, I'm coming home, do you want anything from the store?" He pauses. And he answers bluntly.

"A condom." My face heats up.

"No."

"Whyyyy, baby please?"

"You're sick, we can do it some other time. What else do you want?"

"Fine, ice cream?"

"What flavor?"

"Cookies and cream babe." He coughs multiple times.

"Right. Okay, I'll see you in a bit. Keep resting okay?"

"Of course."
☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎
I unlock the door pushing it open. When I do I find myself in the front room with the lights dimmed.

"Keigo?" I set the bag on the table, taking off my shoes. The smell of steak floats into my nose. "Keigo, you made dinner? Keigo? Babe where are you?" I push the door to our room open and I get slammed against the wall.

"Be quiet." His voice is rough and scratchy.

"What the hell Keigo? Let go of me."

"I'm sorry. I've just been needy. I've never been sick and you've never left me for over seven hours before. I cooked dinner but felt like that wasn't enough. And I wanted to fuck you tonight but you said no so it made me more frustrated." His grip loosens and he walks back into the kitchen, turning the light on. On the table is a bouquet of roses in a vase, steak on two plates, and a bottle of wine.

"You know I don't drink."

"It's for the aesthetic, babe." He pulls the chair out from the table.

"Let me feel your forehead." He leans in and I touch his head. It's a lot cooler from before, I smile at him. "You're such a good boyfriend." He kisses me before sitting in his own seat. Though he barely eats his food he's got a big smile on his face. "You know I was worried sick about you. No pun intended."

"Haha, very funny. And I'm sorry, I really am." Keigo reaches across the table to hold my hand.

"You're such a romantic for a bastard." I say as he rubs my knuckles. He chuckles before coughing again. "Let's get you back in bed."

"Yeah." He walks into the bedroom and I clean the plates in the sink before leaving them on the dryer rack.

"I'm gonna take a shower and then we can settle in." I grab clothes from my drawer. "Don't do anything stupid." I threaten him and walk into the bathroom.

After my shower I dried my hair with the blow dryer and I go into the room and see Keigo lying on his back. Staring at the ceiling.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I say using his favorite line in romance novels.

"Mmm. I'm just thinking of all the wonderful places I can take you after I'm healthy again. C'mere." He wraps both of his hands around my hips and pulls me into him. "Have I told you lately how much I love you?"

"Have I told you that you didn't eat the ice cream I got you?"

"Ice cream can wait, cuddles though. Cannot." He grunts as he runs one of his hands through my hair. "Back to before, you're the most gorgeous, smartest, beautiful, amazing, perfect girl for me. And I'm the luckiest to be allowed to call you mine. I love you. I love you. I love you. I only love you." He nibbles my ear.

"I love you too. Go to bed." I say stroking his cheek. His eyes start to close and his breathing slows. He's so cute. I just want to kiss him.

"Y/n." He mumbles.

"Yes baby?"

"Y/n, I want to kiss you." This is when I realize he's talking in his sleep. I wrap my arms around his head and press it under my chin. "...love you..."

"Shhhh." Rubbing his back and calming him down keeps me focused on only him. "Good night Keigo."
❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎
Low key gonna write the smut part if you actually got him a condom so, if you want to check that out I'll probably post it really soon.