💙Why?💙 (angst)

Why?
Why'd he leave me?
Why?

Thirty seven months of my life. Wasted. For what? A guy that never put me first. A guy that put his pride before love. His name is Iida, Tenya Iida of the infamous Ingenium family. Now I'm crying in my room with my best friend Yaoyorozu Momo as I eat ice cream in sweats.

"He's the only guy I've ever dated! And to think he'd waste my time!" I stab the ice cream with my spoon aggressively.

"The only reason he broke up with you is to go to America and be a pro hero over there." My eyes widen and more tears streak down my face.

"America?"

"He didn't tell you? Oh my god y/n, I'm so sorry I didn't know." Momo wraps her arms around my blanket that makes me look like a slug. I start violently shaking from crying so much.

A memory flashes through my mind.

"Good morning classmates." Iida greets the girls and I when we walk through the door. I warmly smile at him before taking my seat. "Y/l/n, may I talk to you after class?"

"Oh sure Iida!"

After class I wait outside of the classroom for my class rep. He opens the door and steps out with Midoriya and Todoroki. Iida says goodbye to his friends and together we watch them walk out of the door.

"So what's up class rep?" I smile and lean against the wall next to the door. I have my foot propped up for comfort.

"Well, I wanted to ask you, uh." His eyes lock with mine and he goes red. "On a date."

"A date? Yeah sure. When?"

"Y/l/n? Hey you okay beautiful?" Momo uses both of her thumbs and wipes under my eyes. I manage to nod but the salty tears wouldn't stop rolling down.

"I'm- I'm okay."

"Okay," She combs her fingers through my hair gently to not hurt me. There's a knock at the door and Momo gets up to get the door. I can't hear what they're talking about but Momo sounds mad. My door opens and I glance over my shoulder expecting Momo to be standing there, but it's him.

"Get out."

"Y/l/n please let me talk to you."

"WHAT? THAT YOU WERE LEAVING FOR AMERICA AND NEVER TOLD ME?" I scream at him.

"Y/l/n. I knew you would've reacted like this."

"SO YOH DONT TELL ME? WHAT THE FUCK IIDA?!" My voice strains for strength. "THIS IS WHY YOU BROKE UP WITH ME?" I'm searching his expression for any signs of weakness or sadness anything, nothing. His face is like a blank slate, staring right back at me.

"Y/l/n, you know I love you. I just can't put the strain of me going overseas on your shoulder." I jerk away from his attempt at putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Iida, I think you should leave." Momo is standing at my bedroom doorway. Her attitude is very intimidating and terrifying.

"Y/l/n listen to me for one second. I was planning on telling you that I was going away but you were always talking about how our future would lay out and I couldn't bring myself to tell you."

"No, that's exactly why you broke my heart. I saw this beautiful life we could have had, and you... You ruined it! Why are you going overseas?!" My voice is a harsh whisper as I push back cries. Iida looks at me then at Momo, he doesn't think twice we walks out the door without another word.

"It's okay y/l/n, let it all out precious." Momo rubs my back without a clue of how to calm me down.
☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎
Months have passed since I've let go of my former partner Iida. The one I believed to be my soulmate, that betrayed me.

There's no reason to think about him now, Momo and I are getting turnt in the club. A pair of our guy friends from high school that we stayed close friends with came out with us. Todoroki and Midoriya, both of them were two who encouraged me to talk to Iida about my feelings when we first got together.

"Hey y/l/n, you want to rest and grab a drink?" Midoriya asks with ha hand on my shoulder. I stop swaying my hips against some stranger and turned to nod at my friend. Together we make our way to the bar where we ordered a drink. Personally I wasn't into the drinking world so I stuck with a fresh fruit cocktail. I turn my back and lean against the counter to watch Todoroki and Momo vibing with each other like the cute couple they've become.

"Hey how've you been with Uraraka?" I ask taking a quick sip from my drink. The question clearly startled him because his eyes widen for a quick second before averting to his drink.

"She and I were planning on having a baby soon." His voice trails off. At the age of twenty two on soon to be married these two are the cutest.

They were high school sweethearts since their first year making this year, year six with the other. I'm really happy for them. The only reason why Uraraka couldnt come out tonight was because she had plans with a friend from her agency.

A soft smile rested on my lips and I congratulate him. He swirls the cup around in circles and turns the barstool around to face the floor.

"You?" The question was so quick I could barely hear. Midoriya is trying to y'all to me about Iida, apparently when he left he called Midoriya everyday for a week. Check in's, he called them, seeing how I was holding up against my three year relationship with him.

"Eh. I could be out with some guy by now but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to." When those words escaped I stop in my tracks. He and I share a look, we were both thinking the same thing. "I think I still love him." The words were hesitant, and very, very unsure. But in the flashing lights and blasting music Midoriya's gaze and attention was focused on me. I put my drink down and kiss his cheek, taking off to the bathroom.

"Hello?"

"Hey Iida."

"Ah, y/l/n what a surprise." His voice perked in interest. My heart strings pull, this is the guy I fell in love with over the course of three years.

"Uh, h-how's America?" I ask with a small stutter. A small cough comes from the other side of the phone as he clears his throat.

There's a pause before I hear his voice again, though it's low and soft so it was hard to hear over the music. "I'm back home." At his words I almost drop my phone in the tile floored bathroom, of a club, found on the side of the street.

The small opening of my mouth opens and closes with no words to come out. Instead I let him continue talking. "I came back a month ago because I thought about you." Tears, tears burn my eyes and threaten to fall, blurring my vision. But I can't let him back so easily, no matter how much I love him. He came to my home to tell me he's sorry and leaves five minutes later, not bothering to try and reason with me.

"B-b-because of me?" I choke on my words as if I couldn't believe they're coming out. Which I didn't.

Another pause.

"Yes."
❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎
Did this get me in my feels? Yes. Did I stop writing because it did? Yes. I feel sad now.